Page 228 of 230 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3437

Thread: Lana Del Rey

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Not digging it as much as the other two that have come out but hopefully I'll warm up to it
    we're two slow dancers, last ones out

I’m in love with it. When she jumps up to the higher octave at the end I lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    ... it is legitimately good writing though, you can tell this is coming from years of listening to Cohen and other singer-songwriting legends, she's really starting to emulate them now.
    I agree! I think Mariners Apartment Complex was a nod to "I'm Your Man", but this song just feels very Cohenesque without reminding me of a specific Cohen song.
    Black Diamond finally confessed

Love LOVE. That bridge!

But where's Norman Fucking Rockwell already!?

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    I thought this was such a horrible idea, but I was wrong. I just love this cover.

It’s her best cover imo, but I have to say, I’m just ready for the album at this point. I’ve recently become a member of Lanaboards and everyone is at wits end waiting for Norman Fucking Rockwell. There are conspiracy theories abound including many that she has scrapped or is entirely reworking the album, but what can be garnered from the small amount of interviews we have is that she is just being really chill right now and has no plan for when it will come out. Allegedly it’s finished and just sitting there.

All this folksy Lana stuff had me really hyped and now I’m scared she really is reworking it to be more bop oriented. I’m in love with all the clips she’s shared (Happiness is a Butterfly, In Your Car, Cinnamon) and if she scraps those songs I will be gutted. I was prepared for my favorite Lana album yet and after all this time with no news it’s made me worried. I’m totally here for the “Hope is a dangerous thing” Leonard Cohen, laurel canyon record but I think a lot of people still pine for her Born to Die days.

Quote Originally Posted by Domandapiano View Post
    I think a lot of people still pine for her Born to Die days.
    When Ultraviolence came out, at first I DID pine for her Born to Die sound. But I love Ultraviolence now (even though the middle section drags) and all the supposed NFR songs she released so far have been stunning stunning stunning. It's a departure from Lust for Life (which I also really like a lot) so yeah I'd love to see NFR continue the sound of the last 3 songs.
    As long as it's not going to be the snoozefest that was Honeymoon, I'm fine with it
    post28!

She sure is taking her sweet time with this new album.
    It somewhat feel that the previous singles didn't really promote anything, what with such a huge gap between releases.
    Anyway, the new song is the best I've heard from her in the this area.

^ Doin' Time is a Sublime cover for the upcoming documentary about the band, so I wouldn't really consider it part of this era.

https://www.stereogum.com/2044536/la...tionship/news/

DEAD. This better be true. Apparently she went on a date or 2 with a Moby back before she ever became Lana Del Rey. He mentions it in his new book. She casually called him a WASP and “The Man” because he had a big ass penthouse on the date.

So tomorrow her recent shoot with Steven Klein comes out, it’s for a “fashion bible” and it’s 3 covers apparently. If she says nothing about the album in the (presumed) accompanying interview I am going to lose hope that this will ever see the light of day.

She posted a snippet of the title track:

Still waiting...

Ugh I'm so ready; the title track sounds amazing. Can she possibly keep up the quality of these singles throughout the whole album?

Out August 30th. 4 weeks! Interestingly Doin’ Time is on the album, as are all the pre-release singles. 14 total tracks listed on her Instagram!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    H.Y.P.E.

I can't wait for new Lana, it's been so long since the last album! I usually don't listen to pre-album stuff much from Lana, I usually think the albums as a whole make the songs work better.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎