Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The All-Inclusive Golden Girls Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post

Ha ha ha I love how their house makes no logistical sense! The bedrooms are right where the garage is supposed to be.

"The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Icon15

How could I have not posted in this thread?! The Girls are amazing - ground breaking, risky and provocative. They were so ahead of their time that I don't think people would be able to accept them now.

I'm doing a lot of work on my house this summer, and it's been reminding me of a couple of years ago, when I just bought it and had to paint every room by myself. It was great - except my entertainment was severely limited, and I either stole wifi from a neighbor and watched Friday Night Lights or I powered through my DVDs of the last season. I timed the final episode for the final day of painting ........... man that was rough!

I have every season on DVD. I should watch them again. I love them, I do I do.
    ... here i am!

And this will never not make me cry.

One of my fav. episodes is the Sonny and Cher routine. Also, when Blanche's brother is going to get married-- he says " Doug would bend backwards for me", Sophie "I bet he does."
    The Golden Girls are the fashions are AMAZE: Dorothy's final wedding dress is a creation of monumental WTFness.
    Last edited by Banjee; 08-06-2013 at 12:17 PM.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    One of my favorite Rose lines, from the episode where she's in the hospital with heart problems:

Rose: Where are the girls?
    Kirsten: Oh, they're too young to come to the hospital, Mom.
    Rose: Not your girls. My girls. My girls aren't too young for anything.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    i) Make up department spends hours and $s making Estelle Getty look old enough to play an elderly lady.

ii) Art department apply photoshop blur-burst from 40,000 feet to make Sophia Petrillo look young enough to be on a DVD box.

And they think gays won't buy DVDs if one of the old ladies is wearing glasses... due to research?

Honestly I love America

I LOVE that Bea isn't showing her teeth in any of the DVD covers. I know celebrities are trained to smile a certain way, so this adds to Bea's rebellious side. Also, the older she got, the wiser she looked.

"I know everything about you and everyone!"

I heard that she was the biggest pill on set and very hard to get along with.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjee View Post
    I heard that she was the biggest pill on set and very hard to get along with.
    In Betty White's autobiography (Here We Go Again), she basically says the same thing. But being her way, in the nicest way possible. She makes no bones about the fact that she, Rue, and Estelle were very upset that the show had to end because Bea wanted out.

She also mentions that Bea was pissed off that she (Betty) was the first one of them to win the Emmy.

I love Bea Arthur, truly. But she was the biggest diva of them all.

Supercute Golden Girls Web Comic that imagines the girls in their early years as SWAT Superhero type team.

Fuck yes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Banjee View Post
    Supercute Golden Girls Web Comic that imagines the girls in their early years as SWAT Superhero type team.
    I realized at the end that I was reading it all with the GG voices. I wonder if that's Stan!

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I reeeeally wish that was a real comic book series. I would read the fuck out of it.