Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sarah Harmer

Sarah's been making an album for the last month, according to her FB. Out early next year. I WANT!
    Last edited by Nick; 07-03-2017 at 04:08 AM.

FINALLY new Sarah Harmer!!! Full album Are You Gone out in February AND she's re-releasing her full solo discography to date on vinyl.

Encompassing a stylistic range from barebones folk to layered indie rock, lead track “New Low” captures the prescient energy of the album – a rollicking, empowering electric guitar-laced call-for-uprising in the face of global disasters. Album opener “St. Peter’s Bay” blends melancholic vocals and smooth atmospherics to effectively conjure the feeling and image of standing at dusk overlooking an endless sea, while “Take Me Out” is a modern, punchy alt-rock take on the near impossibility of letting go. “What I Was to You” is a tribute to her lifelong friend Gord Downie of the Tragically Hip, and psychedelic-tinged piano ballad “The Lookout” tackles the angst of love-across-timezones. Penultimate track “Shoemaker,” about Sarah discovering an old book and census of her great great Glaswegian grandfather, calls to mind the gently ominous, slowly shifting chords of Sparklehorse before transforming into a gorgeous, almost-crescendoing show of Sarah’s vocal range. “See Her Wave” wraps the album with an acoustic goodbye written in memoriam to another friend who moved on.

1. St. Peter's Bay
    2. New Low
    3. Just Get Here
    4. Take Me Out
    5. Squeaking Voices
    6. What I Was To You
    7. The Lookout
    8. Wildlife
    9. Cowbirds
    10. Little Frogs
    11. Shoemaker
    12. See Her Wave
    Last edited by Nick; 11-15-2019 at 09:04 PM.

I’ve never listened to a single song by her before but New Low is SO GOOD. I can listen over and over again. So looking forward to the album next year. Wish it was coming sooner.

I’ll have to delve into her back Catalogue.

You lucky folks across the pond are getting shows!

I haven't seen her in London (the original one! ) since 2010!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Yay! I do feel lucky - I almost got the feeling from a FB post or tweet a while back that she might be staying out of the US intentionally during the Trump years. I'm glad she's poking her head in. I haven't seen her for over 10 years probably? Went with my friend to see her at Word Cafe Live in Philly and was blown away.

Here's a real sad story - I had a chance to see her a bit before the first album came out at a big festival in Philly; I had no idea who she was but I'm always down for a female singer-songwriter on a side-stage. But I was outvoted by the friends I was with and we stuck with the main stage for fucking Lifehouse instead I was kicking myself when I heard the album a couple months later.