Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: POTTERMORE

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I don't want to go overboard and I'm done after this, but I registered a second username this morning because I'm a dork and want to explore two houses / common rooms, not just one.

And I am so, so, SO pleased with my second username! QuestRune64. It sounds like a long-lost N64 game.

^that's a really good idea! I may play again tomorrow.

I got CrimsonPotion72, which is alright I guess.

As much as it would be cool to have multiple accounts, I think I'll just stick with the one. It was kind of a hassle just for this one, plus I want to see what house I'd be in.

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Mike View Post
    ^that's a really good idea! I may play again tomorrow.
    A good idea in theory, anyway. I'm going to answer the Sorting Hat 100% honestly on one account and then aim specifically for a different house on the other, depending on where I'm sorted the first time. Watch me get the same house both times anyway. Ideally I'd like a Ravenclaw and a Slytherin account. I'm almost positive answering the hat honestly is going to put me in Ravenclaw, and then I'll just pretend I'm a Slytherin personality type to get the other account sorted properly. No interest in a Gryffindor account because I know plenty about them from the books, and Hufflepuff... meh.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm only going to have the one account at this stage. If I decide to try and get another house using another account, I'm going to wait until it opens up for everyone. There is only a limited amount of accounts to give out at the moment, and I see so many people online who are trying and missing out, with others going and signing up for 5-10 accounts just because they didn't get the kind of name they wanted. It's only a few more months until its a free-for-all and then I won't feel like I'm taking someone elses place.

I agree that I don't really want to be sorted into Gryffindor, but I really, really, really want to be in Hufflepuff! I know in the books they kind of seem boring and goody-two-shoes, but I like them. I think they will have an interesting backstory in Pottermore so it'd be nice to be sorted that way. I also think that my natural, honest tendencies will get me sorted that way anyway

I got my girlfriend an account this morning because she was going to be out. She has the best username! GOLDWOLFSBANE41. what the balls

Hells yeah, thats an AMAZING username! So jealous!

Registered this morning! DraconisHolly10
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I got in too! I'm RuneRose155, which I am very pleased with.

Woo! More great names

Can't wait until we actually get in there and can compare houses, wands, stories, info, etc. I also think there is a function for duelling each other

Still no luck with me... the fact that I suck at timezones doesn't help.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

Enjoy - "the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August". This comes from the Pottermore Insider blog (via Mugglenet). Also, you can follow Mugglenet on Twitter and they post as soon as it opens.

I'm getting really upset over this! I even woke up an hour early this morning. Is BST five hours ahead of EST?

Yes, 5 hours ahead sounds about right. I looked at timeanddate.com and plugged in 12.30am BST and the equivalent time in New York is 7.30pm (which is in about 2 hours time, right?). So I'd be *on standby* at 7.30pm and then watch Mugglenet's Twitter and the Pottermore website or something like that. They give you a window and they might be mean and release closer to 3am BST but hopefully not.

If I see the annoucement come up I'll come and post on here too

Good Luck!

Day 7 is open! The question is:

And to find the Magic Quill