Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POTTERMORE

I got an account! Thank you sooo much for letting me know it was open! My name is OakErised171. Ah well, it was the best of the bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by fullofwish View Post
    Enjoy - "the final clue (Day 7) will be released between 12:30am and 3:00am BST on Saturday 6 August". This comes from the Pottermore Insider blog (via Mugglenet). Also, you can follow Mugglenet on Twitter and they post as soon as it opens.
    Well that info came a bit too late cause I was taking a trip and had no internet... so I'll have to wait till October
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar

This is a quick video from BBC about Pottermore. It shows a few glimpses of what is inside, including some info about Petunia and a couple of the questions from Ollivanders when you get your wand. It very quick, but the pause button will be your friend from about 1:19

I'm so excited about stuff being added to the continuity, because the books are so lush and complete but of course not everyone's back story can fit into 7 novels... I'm excited for reading about Hogwarts teachers!! Flitwick in particular
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

Did you guys get emails from Pottermore today? I did, saying "congratulations you have been selected for early entry into Pottermore!". It also said that activation of my account would be between mid-August and the end of September.

It depends on which day you registered, if you registered earlier in the week you're going to get your email sooner.

i'll probably get mine in a few days. I'm so excited!

Looks like it opened for the first round of beta today!!! I've read a few user reviews and copied a few of their comments here, which I've spoilered just in case

Only 7 questions? That's a little disappointing. But I'm excited!

Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna in the films, has got into beta and has been having "a moment" on Twitter after being sorted into Gryffindor, although Luna was a Ravenclaw:

Harry Potter actress and major fan Evanna Lynch has received access to the Pottermore beta period and has been sorted. Despite playing a Ravenclaw in the film, Lynch was sorted into Gryffindor and she was shocked by the news. She sent out a series of tweets expressing her conflicted emotions:

Ahhhh umm errrrrr.... Just got sorted. Slight identity crisis. Need to sit down and process this... #pottermore

I'm in Gryffindor. #Pottermore #confusion #shock #pride #happiness #LUNADONTLEAVEME!!!

I don't know what to do. I feel like Jo just told me I'm a man. I'm SO utterly confused.

Gryffindor! Woahhh what an honour! I'm so happy! But confused! But happy! BUT CONFUSED. #Pottermore #farewellravenclaw

Dammit, now I have to change my whole bleedin' wardrobe!!! #pottermore #butredandgoldarenotmycolours

Sorry for the tweet explosion... I'm just...having a moment. #farewellravenclaw #pottermore #JowhathaveyouDONE?!

My boyfriend just received his password this morning and is working his way through Pottermore. I've had a few glimpses and it looks really impressive, but I'm trying not to spoil myself and am waiting impatiently for my password. There's a load of additional information! The graphics are fantastic but there isn't sound at the minute which is a pity. But I cannot wait.

Lucky! I have so far been secretly glad my invite hasn't come yet since I've had mid-terms and essays to do and I am a bad enough procrastinator without adding Pottermore into the mix! But I have a break coming up and I really hope my invite comes during that.

I read somewhere the other day that about 25,000 invites have been sent so far which is really a tiny amount when you consider that there were 1 million given out during the Magic Quill period.

Also, I'm not sure if its been posted here but there is an official Pottermore Insider Blog at http://insider.pottermore.com/ which has some good info on there.

Fingers crossed we ALL get our invites ASAP!!!

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    Hurricane weekend would be a really good time for an invite email, Pottermore. Nowhere else to go!

... I'm WAITING.

I'm anxiously waiting... I never check my email daily, but I have been lately!

Me too. I'm getting impatient, although boyfriend has found it to be rather buggy, so I don't mind waiting as much if they can sort some bits out first. Potions especially seems to be bad. http://insider.pottermore.com/ seems to announce when emails are getting sent out, maybe keep an eye on that, although no more dates listed at present.