Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional Based Eating, Binging, or Grazing

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    My ex boss used to bestow what we all called "lunch judgment". He'd come by all our desks and comment on what we were eating for lunch and make comments like "oh I wish I could still eat that stuff!" and "all I ate today was an apple!". he was totally disordered and annoying.
    OMG. I would not be able to handle that. For whatever reason, I am really bothered when people comment on my lunch at work. Lunch at work is something very private for me. I cannot stand when people walk by and say "oh, what's that?", "oh, that looks good!", "what's that smell??", etc...

I don't know why exactly, because I'm totally cool eating with people at restaurants, but at work I have to eat alone and cannot have anyone see or comment on my food.

Clearly, I have issues.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    ^
    I had a girl at an old, old job of mine sit with us at the cafeteria. I wasn't eating it, but someone had a monte cristo and she goes, "Oh my God, do you know how many calories that has?"

The woman eating it said, "I sure do. It tastes fucking great!"

Also, I spent some time at an ED facility last year, and the hardest part was having meals with everyone. Everyone had different meal plans so the portions varied wildly. I was at 75 percent portions and I felt really shitty sitting with people who had less, even though it wasn't my choice.

I get scared people will think: well no wonder she's fat. You know?

I'm on Weight watchers which calculates your food by points. It uses fat, protein, fiber and carbs to add up the points, but doesn't give you the specific numbers you used in a day (it also doesn't count for calories). I went on my fitness pro app and apparently both my protein and my calories were too low! That's why I was feeling so hungry at night. Thanks for giving me the heads up about my protein intake.

WW is great but the protein thing is tricky for sure. If you eat meat, grilled chicken or turkey are the best. If you're veggie, tons of beans and quinoa.

Lunch judgement is everywhere. Add in working in a appearance obsessed office (by nature of the business) and its amplified. As in "omg i'll have to do an extra spin class for half of this eggroll." I mean. Don't eat the eggroll then. Leave me alone.

Ugh, I keep fucking things up! I'm going over my points by eating pasta (today I made mac and cheese...BIG mistake) and I can't seem to kick my soda addiction.

I feel ya on the soda thing; I've decided to stop drinking it and I haven't since Saturday. It is super hard and I want one all the time.

I've tried mixing fruit juice with fizzy water - that might help. I used to drink litres of ginger (that's Scottish for soda ) every week, but now I'm down to 2-3 cans a week. I find a couple of squeezed oranges and sparkling water to be quite nice.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    I've never had a problem with pop. I used to not drink it strictly due to the fact that it filled me up and I wouldn't enjoy my meal. Now I don't drink it trying to be health conscious. But, everything in moderation!!

I'm sure you can imagine the conversations my partner and I have, considering he works for Coca-Cola and there are cases and cases of the stuff taking over our condo.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Send some Coke Zero my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Woman View Post
    I've tried mixing fruit juice with fizzy water - that might help. I used to drink litres of ginger (that's Scottish for soda ) every week, but now I'm down to 2-3 cans a week. I find a couple of squeezed oranges and sparkling water to be quite nice.
    Ooh that sounds like a good idea!

I love my SodaStream for that very reason. I make fizzy water and add lemon juice to it. (I have a meyer lemon tree in the backyard) OR peppermint extract, sounds weird but is totally refreshing!
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

I'm a creep I'm a weirdo
    Well, I haven't had a real binge in a couple of months (planned, junk food, eating till sick). My therapist suggested that I buy healthier foods to have on hand in case I overeat, which seems to have worked. There's no telling how many gallons of hummus I've gone through. I still feel like there are times when I still eat too much, though, so I'm trying to make a conscious effort to stop myself before I'm full and give my body time to register what I've eaten.

Bad news is I just got some blood work done, and my cholesterol is high. I've no doubt all the processed, high fat foods I've binged on have contributed, so it's all the more imperative that I continue to watch what I put in my body.

How's everyone else doing?

I'm doing some stuff in therapy right now that's bringing up a LOT of old emotions. It's making me actively want to binge on chips, which was my Drug of Choice when I used to binge in high school. That and ice cream. Regression isn't super fun. Other than an ice cream cone and a few too many gin and tonics, I'm doing ok. My weight is stable.