Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Emotional Based Eating, Binging, or Grazing

Yeah, so...my friend in NYC has started to post pictures from her wedding and I am HORRIFIED by the amount of weight I have gained. I mean, I know the number...but seeing the pictures is really making me wanna cry (and binge).

My clothing really tames my binging moments. When stuff starts to get to tight, I immediately go into hardcore diet and exercise mode. I will not buy clothing in a larger size; either I loose the weight or I walk around naked.

Quote Originally Posted by Loca View Post
    My clothing really tames my binging moments. When stuff starts to get to tight, I immediately go into hardcore diet and exercise mode. I will not buy clothing in a larger size; either I loose the weight or I walk around naked.
    I wish I was that way! It doesn't make sense - instead of being motivated by looking at those pictures or being motivated by my clothes being tight, I just stuff down those feelings with food. It's the vicious cycle I've been caught in for about 6 years now. Before then I never had problems maintaining my weight. I was obsessive, yes, but I kept my weight very low by not allowing it to go over a certain point, so that the most I ever had to lose was just 2 or 3 pounds. But now it feels so helpless because it's a heck of a lot more than that!

I did have a great week last week, though. I didn't go over my daily WW points until Sunday, and even then it wasn't a binge.

That's how I felt when I saw my vacation pics, JayPea. I wanted to just cry and eat a cake.

I shrink stuff far too often for this to be effective.

This is why I think I need to put away my trusty jeggings for awhile... They stretch with me!

I get the other issue - I completely lose my appetite when I'm upset and the idea of even chewing makes my stomach turn. Too bad I don't get so upset more often, I could really stand to lose some weight.

I had a doctor (during a lecture on why I should quit drinking diet soda) try to tell me that if I watched my eating habits, I would see that after consuming a diet soda, I felt the need to snack. This was an untrue statement. I am not a snacker, I have never been a snacker, and diet soda has never given me the urge to eat anything. Of course he then went on to say that he quit diet soda and dropped twenty pounds in a year, so I'm guessing a lot of the lecture was him projecting his own food issues onto me. I recently cut down on my diet soda consumption and substituted more ice cold water instead. The only difference I noticed was that my overall fluid consumption dropped, and I started retaining water pretty badly.

I'm not quiet...I'm plotting. Abi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeth View Post

so I'm guessing a lot of the lecture was him projecting his own food issues onto me.
    That was my old doctor's favourite thing to do!

Wedding! Cake! Buffet! Pick and fucking mix counter! Tonight was a minefield that I did not navigate particularly well and I am feeling JUST A LITTLE guilty. Still, a monthly "oops oh my there goes my blood sugar levels up over my head" day isn't the end of the world, right?

RIGHT?

I feel bad because this week I made great muscle gains and now it will just be fat again. Arse biscuits.

My clothing seems to stretch, even jeans. So in the past I didn't realise that I had gained weight until I went to try on new clothes and they would be too tight in my size. I wouldn't buy anything but then a few months later, after unsuccessfully trying to lose weight but just gaining more, I'd have to give in and go up a size.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Custard View Post
    Wedding! Cake! Buffet! Pick and fucking mix counter! Tonight was a minefield that I did not navigate particularly well and I am feeling JUST A LITTLE guilty. Still, a monthly "oops oh my there goes my blood sugar levels up over my head" day isn't the end of the world, right?

RIGHT?

I feel bad because this week I made great muscle gains and now it will just be fat again. Arse biscuits.
    Don't feel bad! It was just once in a month so don't torture yourself over it. Just get back on your healthy wagon!

I did really good this week until Thurs and Fri. I ate breakfast everyday, had a huge homemade salad everyday for lunch, a small healthy dinner and no crisps. But then on Thurs I met up with a friend at work and we went for one drink which turned into four which lead to pizza scoffing. And the same again last night. I'm not going to feel bad about it though, I will just focus on eating healthy from today until Thurs (and then I'm off to Belgium where I'm sure I will have beer and frites with mayo, and shrimp rolls with mayo, and more beer. But then I'll come back to the UK and eat properly again.).

Quote Originally Posted by lexa View Post
    My clothing seems to stretch, even jeans. So in the past I didn't realise that I had gained weight until I went to try on new clothes and they would be too tight in my size. I wouldn't buy anything but then a few months later, after unsuccessfully trying to lose weight but just gaining more, I'd have to give in and go up a size..
    This is very much me right now! I went to try on jeans two weeks ago because I'm down to only wearing one pair. I have stacks and stacks of jeans that don't fit. I tried on the same cut and size and the ones I am currently wearing and they don't make it past my thighs. It was incredibly depressing and I don't know if I can try on jeans again. I had to cut my losses in the trouser department and go up a size. They were not looking work appropriate anymore! My weight seems to yoyo from season to season or year to year. (Last summer's bottoms don't fit! Agh!) I've gained quite a bit from Dora being sick. My french fry ban in the house has been lifted. It's hard to work on losing it all when all I crave is the bad stuff - it's not like me at all.

I finally lost weight! You know how? I ATE LESS FOOD. How's that for miracles?

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    For those with trouble fitting into jeans, I have that problem a lot but it seems that after I wear them tight for one day, they stretch back out to a comfortable zone again. I suspect it has to do with whatever soap I'm using in the wash. Maybe it's not any weight-gain, just the way the clothes shrink?

I'm actually doing really well lately. I did the shopping in our house and I bought kale, bok choy and yogurt instead of Oreos and raw cookie dough (damn that cookie dough). So I've just been munching on healthy stuff, though probably way more of it than I should be. A whole thing of kale, five yogurts with granola, four fruit juice bars and a thingy of bok choy with oyster sauce? Why not?

Jeans do that, yeah. They're not a very good gauge of your shape once you've washed them, because they'll tighten and then loosen, and you're never quite sure where you're at with them.

And bloody hell I love bok choy, but I go through it so quickly. If I have some in I have to have a head of the stuff ever day. Have to.

I love bok choy! I'm making some tonight .