Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girlie Lets Talk About Nails Thread

Went to CVS and found a wonderful and very inexpensive nail treatment that works better than anything I've ever tried. Healthy Hoof is an intensive protein treatment that gave me healthy cuticle and great nail growth. Trainers use it on their horses and they noticed their own nails improved. Really small jar about $4. Can NOT be beat.

there is no home without you hollerskates's Avatar
    i only paint my toes. can't stand anything on my fingers except clear or creamy/ivory/pale pink colors. i like gold/bronze colors for summer. any brand will do!

I get gel manicures now and will nevah evah go back to regular nail polish on my hands!! First of all, I suck painting my own nails and then paying for a manicure that only looks fresh for like 2 days...? No, no.

Now I pay 30 (inc tip) and OPI Axxium lasts for 3 weeks with no chips. Love it! Hopefully getting one tomorrow before I leave on vacation.

Marci, I have tried those Sally Hansen things. I used a solid color one and it came out pretty good. I couldn't stop picking at it, or else I think it would have lasted a long time. It was a bit difficult lining up the sticker things on my nails properly so that none of my nail edges showed.

Saw this and thought of this thread: the Chanel Jeans collection

This is my absolute favorite OPI color, EVER!

Catherine the Grape

And, thanks to GirlFriday, I now own some nail polish thinner (I ran to Sally's as soon as I saw your post, but they were out of the brand you suggested so I bought a different one) so I can start wearing this color again. It's been too thick to use, but I didn't have the heart to throw it away because it's my favorite.

Painted my nails for the first time in years. BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER!

This one's "La Moss." Dark, black in some lights, but very wine-y. Love it! And aside from the red marks I'm leaving on every sheet of paper, it's holding up nicely without a topcoat.

I haven't painted my nails in years, but I bought some polish recently and I'm thinking about using it. Apparently, I was doing it wrong. Why are you supposed to leave a gap between the polish and the cuticle? It looks strange to me.

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPea View Post

And, thanks to GirlFriday, I now own some nail polish thinner (I ran to Sally's as soon as I saw your post, but they were out of the brand you suggested so I bought a different one) so I can start wearing this color again. It's been too thick to use, but I didn't have the heart to throw it away because it's my favorite.
    Yay! I'm so pissed I didn't know about thinner a long time ago. I've tossed many polishes that I loved because I thought they went "bad". And that's a gorgeous color!

Quote Originally Posted by lioness View Post
    I haven't painted my nails in years, but I bought some polish recently and I'm thinking about using it. Apparently, I was doing it wrong. Why are you supposed to leave a gap between the polish and the cuticle? It looks strange to me.
    It's just an aesthetic preference for some. I hate it. To me, it looks like your nails have started to grow out. I just keep my cuticles in good condition (push back gently with a towel after each shower; use Blue Cross remover 1x a week; apply shea butter hand cream daily, or pure shea butter) to where you can't even see them, and take the polish all the way down.

CuddlePinkman, that polish is gorgeous! How do like the formula? I only have one Butter London (it was a gift), and while I love the color, it went on streaky and chipped easily. I'm not sure if it's a dud or not. I'd love to get All Hail The Queen, but I'm scared of having the same issue.

The formula is pretty good to this nail novice; I wish Butter was about four bucks cheaper (and I don't understand the double-lid packaging). I'm on day 4 with very minor chipping on the tips. It took three coats to get an even color, and it only got streaky when I didn't have enough polish on the brush. Aside from the red streaks I leave on my class notes, no major problems! I think I just need to invest in a good topcoat.

I really want to get "Lady Muck." It's a steely, shimmery blue-gray.

Thanks! I believe I read that originally, they just had the square caps, but had a lot of complaints from people that the shape made it awkward to paint your nails, so they kept that for aesthetic reasons and put the smaller round cap on the actual brush. It is annoying, though.

Does this post help at all RE: Lady Muck? It's not an exact dupe, but maybe close enough for you, given the price difference?

Also, not to enable or anything, but Skinstore.com has 20% off anything right now with a code (the code is on their site), and they have Butter London. You can also use Ebates with the site, which gives 8% back. They ship incredibly fast. I ordered some skincare products a few months back late on a weekday. It shipped that night and I had it the next day. (And it was free shipping.)

That Lady Muck color is gorgeous! Want! I'll have to try Butter now.

My favorite polish so far is MAC. It stays so well on my nails, 2 weeks chip-free no problem. I'm not too thrilled with their brushes since they streak a bit, but it's not too bad since it evens out after the first coat. I like the silicone cap, too. I'm dying to go buy more.

Ooooh, that Lady Muck! And La Moss! So many Butter polishes I want, but so spendy!

Holy pretty! (OK, I'm just a sucker for anything purple.) Lippmann's Bad Romance:

And Lipglossiping has a decent amount of Butter London swatches, for those who want to drool.

Damn you! Why did you have to share that!? I must have it! So perfect for Halloween!

*hides* It's gorgeous, isn't it? I might treat myself for my birthday next year if they're still selling it. I know Bad Romance is quite different and more awesome, but would China Glaze Mummy May I satisfy your needs enough? It's quite awesome. I bought it for a friend's birthday last year and I was tempted to keep it. I think Head2Toe, TransDesign, VNS, and such still sell it for about $3.