Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girlie Lets Talk About Nails Thread

Pssssh I wanted that whole CG Halloween Collection last year. Still do.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    The green... was unpleasant. Very snotty. Ick-A-Body is lovely, though!

And holy crap. I am so screwed. I love almost every color in the China Glaze Spring 2012 collection.

I'll only buy one. Or two. *repeats to self*

Zoya Jana is just lovely! Tried it today. Perfect smokey mauveish purple.

I still want that one! I'm not sure I've seen any dupes for it, so it's good buy! I hope Ulta has it. They've been pretty hit or miss with Zoya.

I am hoping to finally photograph my collection tomorrow. I haven't been sleeping and have been in a bad mood, and it's been pretty cloudy, but I want to push through and do it tomorrow. I have to say, even trying to figure out how to picture them is daunting to me at the moment. So, for those who requested pictures or anyone who feels like giving input, would you prefer them by shade, or by brand? I have some that I have no clue what color they are (like duochromes or greys that lean blue/purple, etc.) so I was thinking brand would be best, but I'll do it however.

HA! I'd actually just like to see them overflowing out of a big plastic bin.

Or laid end-to-end around your place!

I'm definitely taking a shock value overhead shot of all of the bottles lined up on a sheet or something!

God. I have a feeling I'm going to hate myself after I see how many I have all lined up.

I say, arrange them by groupings of color and then do one with all of them together! I'm sure that will keep you busy for awhile.

Good lord.

Done. Finally. 4 hours later, my eyes are ready to pop. I did the best I could with color grouping. Some are iffy and I didn't know where to put them. Also, most colors are accurate, but some are a bit off. This is as close as I could render to how they really look. Shimmer doesn't seem to be showing up well, or at all in some. Anyway, here they are! If my count is correct... 138. And sadly, I only count about 10 I would be willing to part with. On with the show!

PURPLES

BLUES

GREENS

GREY/SILVER/CHARCOALS

DUOCHROMES

GREIGE + BROWNS

REDS

GLITTERS

PINKS

CORAL/ORANGE

YELLOW + GOLD

MAUVES + NUDES/FLESH TONES

And if you've managed to make it this far, here's an overhead shot of all the bottles lined up:

Holy shit, you almost made my phone explode!

Is it bad that I'm almost as bad as you with our np trades owls? And who convinced who to get Zoya Freja?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    Holy shit, you almost made my phone explode!

I'm sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Girl Friday View Post
    Is it bad that I'm almost as bad as you with our np trades owls? And who convinced who to get Zoya Freja?
    Not bad in my book. You should take pics, too! Ooh, you have Freja? Isn't it wonderful? I use it a lot, even though I hate the damn Zoya brushes.

Well, you have effectively blown my mind! That last shot says it all--I definitely have never seen that many bottles of polish in one place at one time. And I can't believe that you managed to line them all up by shade with captions. You should sell the photo set to a cosmetics site or magazine as an encyclopedia/ultimate-buyers-guide!

And good lord, girl, where do you keep all of them?

Owls is my hero! Also, I showed my husband that last picture and he promised to never complain that I have too many polishes ever again! :l

I definitely feel like a hoarder now! Though I do promise there are a lot of people with more than me. (Not that I don't realize I have an abnormal amount.) On the MUA nail board, I'm small potatoes. Most have 300 or more. Many have over 1,000! That, I can't imagine. I've seen pictures, but it just blows my mind. Oh, and I store them in plastic baskets by color, and store the baskets in an under-bed bin from The Container Store. Believe it or not, they all fit.

I'm not gonna lose myself again
    How do you ladies apply your glittery polishes to get that 'solid glitter' look? Even with multiple coats I don't get coverage like in the sample pictures.