Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384
Results 1,246 to 1,251 of 1251

Thread: American Horror Story

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    I'm struggling with the violence this season, especially after this week's episode. I'm usually not so sensitive to violence on television, but this is just not sitting well with me. I almost turned it off during the nail gun scene.

Maybe I will revisit this season another time, when I'm in a different place. With everything going on in the country and the world right now, I think I need something a little lighter.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    I'm struggling with the violence this season, especially after this week's episode. I'm usually not so sensitive to violence on television, but this is just not sitting well with me. I almost turned it off during the nail gun scene.

Maybe I will revisit this season another time, when I'm in a different place. With everything going on in the country and the world right now, I think I need something a little lighter.
    I hear you, Bryan Alan. I haven't watched any of this season because I don't think I can stomach on-screen gore right now. I tried re-watching Murder House recently, which I loved the first time around. It was more of a struggle this time and I had to fast forward some parts because I knew what was going to happen. This is also why I haven't gone to see IT yet. I will watch it someday, but right now I can't handle seeing buckets of blood.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    I wonder if supernatural elements will be introduced this season? If not, that's fine. This season has been truly horrifying without the supernatural. I'm really enjoying it.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this season. So far I think the storytelling is a lot tighter than it has been for the past few seasons. They don't seem to be introducing tons of new storylines with each episode that will inevitably go nowhere. Though I guess the chemical trucks are kind of wtfworthy. Have they actually tied to the cult at all?

Quote Originally Posted by The Seaward View Post
    I wonder if supernatural elements will be introduced this season? If not, that's fine. This season has been truly horrifying without the supernatural. I'm really enjoying it.
    Ryan Murphy said in an interview that there will NOT be supernatural elements this season. We'll see.

I'm only caught up to episode 3 but I'm REALLY enjoying it. The storytelling is strong and focused, and I think that--shockingly--they're actually saying some pretty interesting and complex things about fear and trauma, and how people wind up being seduced into toxic belief systems.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Yeah, that's one of the main things I'm loving this year: the tight storytelling. This show tends to be self-indulgent, and why I usually have a high tolerance for that, it's nice that the central narrative is tight. With that in place, they can go batshit on the margins effectively. As for the violence, I can certainly see how it would be too much for some. I guess I just have a high tolerance for on-screen violence. And again, it makes sense in context. My favorite thing about the nail gun scene was the opportunity it gave Allison Pill (who I also ).
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama