Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

I love the cast. I'm re-watching it now because I missed a lot the first go-round. Very interested to find out the history of the house.

I thought Jessica Lange was really good in this! Everyone was! Dylan McDermott's ass too!

But, it was definitely creepy. I think the daughter's high school is OTT though. But that kid, her friend and the father's patient, just creeps me out so much. I like that the story builds tension because I kept waiting for him to just fly off the handle or something. And the bondage guy was sooo creepy when he just showed up and then started having sex with the wife (sorry, names escape me now...too scared).

It's kind of got a bunch of different horror stories mixed into it, which can be good and bad. I hope it finds its own footing because it seems to be borrowing heavily for the first episode anyway.

I liked it though! I can't wait for next week!

New promotional poster... I seriously can not wait to see the story behind the bondage man.

Just saw it....I thought it was awesome!!! I'm definitely sticking with it. And well, suspense + shirtless dylan mcdermott is A+ in my book.

The Good Book is missing some pages Maeve's Avatar
    I thought that for just one episode there was too much... I feel like at this pace it just needs another episode and the story could end.
    I'd have preferred it if it built things more slowly and gradually.

I don't find it scary and actually I don't find it creepy either. I find it a little messy. Too much stuff compressed in the first episode, I didn't have time to get scared by one thing that it still was going into another and then another... and it's a little to in the open. I like more mysterious/subtle stories where you're not able to tell if someone's imagining things or they're real.

Is it right, butterfly, they like you better framed and dried?

Of course I loved it! I knew it would not disappoint. Connie Britton was fantastic as was Dylan McDermott jacking off.
    My face screams without an emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
    I thought that for just one episode there was too much... I feel like at this pace it just needs another episode and the story could end.

I don't find it scary and actually I don't find it creepy either. I find it a little messy. Too much stuff compressed in the first episode, I didn't have time to get scared by one thing that it still was going into another and then another... and it's a little to in the open. I like more mysterious/subtle stories where you're not able to tell if someone's imagining things or they're real.
    Those were exactly my thoughts. I was disappoint! I'll give it a few more episodes and see where it goes, but for me this one's on notice.

If anything really creeped me out, it was the storyline with the patient and the daughter.

And I really, REALLY like S&M Man. He reminds me of Pyramid Head in the Silent Hill universe.

a little more time, endless time Savannah's Avatar
    Pyramid Head!

My friend told me to watch this because she thought it looked right up my alley, and it does. However, I think Glee is absolute horseshit and Nip/Tuck always seemed hinged on shock value to me, so I don't trust Ryan Murphy to write a good show. I'll be lurking around here, though!

there is no home without you hollerskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeve View Post

totally agree. there were parts i loved, but overall it was a messy hour. and i know i've said it before about other shows, but i hate gratuitous, overtly sexual scenes. i will always hate the "fight that ends in sex" scene. does anyone really do that?? i'm not talking about a lovers quarrel that ends with makeup sex. screaming, crying, pushing, breaking things, and then fucking? i will never buy it. and it will never endear me to a couple. and is that something that viewers actually hope for when they're anticipating a new show? "gee, i really hope there are a lot of overtly sexual situations!" i just don't. the rest of the stories are far more interesting than the sexual dysfunction of the husband and wife.

sexual tension is where it's at. i love it when it's done subtly... the moment when the dad first notices the maid and starts peeling his banana, eventually taking a bite right after we see her sexy uniform. that's good stuff. him walking in on her masturbating and then pleasuring himself, is something i don't need to see. it just seems like it's there for shock value. and why isn't his reaction more like "this is inappropriate. you're fired."?

and their timeline seems really sloppy. angry/emotional sex one day, and i'm supposed to believe that later that night she's ready to do it again with her husband who she thinks is in a bondage suit? and then how much later is it that she reveals she's pregnant? i assumed the scene was taking place a couple of days later until she said she was pregnant. are we already finding a way to justify everyone's actions with, "well, the house is haunted, see, and so, no one is really themselves, see, and uh, time is measured differently when the supernatural is involved, ya know..."?

i really hope they stop trying to be so shocking, quit trying to introduce so many characters/storylines that they'll eventually forget to develop (like Lost) and instead cultivate the ones they feel are the heart of whatever story they're trying to tell.

loved the use of the music from vertigo, though. that was brilliant.

I just got done watching both episodes. I really like it. Bit of everything all thrown in there.

But I do have to agree with the angry sex timeline thing.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Last night freaked me out. After it was over, I had to go into a dark part of the house and I was really jumpy about reaching my arm into the dark to get something out. I thought I was gong to have nightmares, but thankfully I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Last night freaked me out. After it was over, I had to go into a dark part of the house and I was really jumpy about reaching my arm into the dark to get something out. I thought I was gong to have nightmares, but thankfully I didn't.
    I have fairly bad nichtophobia...I go to the other part of the house after my grandfather falls asleep. He's such a bad sleeper so on top of being as quiet as I can, I walk in the dark. There's absolutely nothing illuminating the path and I was so apprehensive about walking through it last night that I didn't even bother. That episode got to me, too.

Next week's episode is called "Murder House". We're also going to get a two part Halloween episode!!

I have a question about Constance daughter, Addie. This contains a spoiler, so if you haven't seen last night's show, don't read my question.

I was confused about something: they had sex then, boom, she's pregnant! Wouldn't that discovery take at least, like, six weeks or something?

I only watched the pilot so far but I thought it had lots of potential. A little too all over the place, but it could go some really interesting places. And how awesome is Frances Conroy? love it.
    Sound is the blood between me and you

Well, it's definitely better than Glee. I'm not completely hooked, but I'll keep watching.

Also, I hate to be a Fast Horse, but Jessica Lange is probably the best part of this show.