Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Music

3 cheers for Dragonette! I love both of their albums. Easy is such a simple, perfect song.

Anyone hear Martina's singer-songwriter record? It's good!

^ D'you have the remix ep 'Mixin To Thrill'? There's a topnotch mix of Easy on that one.

I love(d) her earlier work, but I think I actually prefer Dragonette. Though I did lol when I saw Martina refer to her solo career as 'tampon music'.

Typically I find Donkeyboy not as amazing as the hype (despite liking Alphabeat [despite Vacation being shit]) but Pull of the Eye is really great.

re: K-Pop - I usually don't get it at all, especially the mammoth girl bands with 10 members (it's so dull!), but I DO like the occasional Big Bang single and have an undying love for the horrendous Lollipop.

"Bling bling like LED."

Popjustice Song of the Day.

Sounds like an outtake from Justified if you ask me, but the first 30 seconds are quite brilliant. "Say hello to falsetto." Ha ha ha ha ha ha oh god.

Meanwhile, Katy Perry in terrible music video for terrible single non-shocker. "Let's have her drive away when she sings about driving away." KNOW WHEN TO END A GOOD ALBUM CAMPAIGN, FFS.

Last edited by Whappo; 03-26-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Spot the Kate Bush reference.

Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Whappo View Post
    Popjustice Song of the Day.

Sounds like an outtake from Justified if you ask me, but the first 30 seconds are quite brilliant. "Say hello to falsetto." Ha ha ha ha ha ha oh god.

Meanwhile, Katy Perry in terrible music video for terrible single non-shocker. "Let's have her drive away when she sings about driving away." KNOW WHEN TO END A GOOD ALBUM CAMPAIGN, FFS.

God, if she joined the Marines after a break-up, can you imagine what she would have done after a divorce? Astronaut camp?
    Last edited by Frasier Crane; 03-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasier Crane View Post
    God, if she joined the Marines after a break-up, can you imagine what she would have done after a divorce? Astronaut camp?

Just another day at the retro-futurism pop office.

Also, I am very sorry guys but I fucking love this.

I don't care that this thread is just me.

Katy Perry official megamixzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...!!!

Those are almost all amazing singles though.

Cassie (Cassie! Remember?) is back with a very good single.

Very good!

Typically great Swede Darin has this to offer:

Sort of not hugely amazing considering he has provided us with several hugely amazing singles. There was a lot of RedOne on his last album, including a song where RedOne basically just redid Just Dance.

Meanwhile, Wand Erection are the 21st century jailbait Beatles, scoring a #1 debut album in the US.

And Zayn is my boyfriend.

Oh god the faces he's making in that video.

I still think The Falcons would've been an immense single, although apparently a promo video was made for it?

Easily one of his best, it's so joyously camp and jubilant and sometimes it makes me want to have a little cry.

Posting Patrick was actually a mistake, I've since updated the link

(Though I do love The Falcons)

Oh, I like the Rye Rye too, and actually posted it in another thread. Great Vengaboys nod. (glad you changed that, I was trying not to make a face at dragging us away from pure pop!)

Also, I only just noticed Other Pete slagging off The Saturdays in his first post. No, they're not consistently amazing, but bite your tongue.

I luh-luh-love this track (and boy my resume says I'm a bad girl). How can you hate on anyone who has "INCOMING: VERSE 1" in one of their videos? That's pop gold.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar

It was also on a semi-boring episode of Skins this season!

and girlfriend needs a few sandwiches.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

Oh yeah, I was really loving that song and then it was on Skins apparently. It reminds me of UK garage except not horribly dated. Welcome to 12 years ago, kids!

Speaking of sandwiches, I've been listening to this a lot recently and whoa, I wish Florrie would eat more of those macaroons.