Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Obama-rama-ding-dong-a-lama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMMY View Post
    Pod Save America, the creators of Keepin it 1600, have a new podcast interview with Obama. Here's a link if anyone is interested. I'm going to listen to it as soon as I find my Kleenex
    I've read some people are saving it for noon tomorrow.

I listened this morning. I sniffled a bit.

There was an article in the New York Times about how Obama's administration handled the mail, and it's amazing. I don't see Trump continuing the 10LAD plan. I wouldn't be surprised if they just burned it all.

https://nyti.ms/2iHkMoK

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/u...imes&smtyp=cur

President Obama just commuted Chelsea Manning's sentence. She'll now be released in May of this year, rather than in 2045.
    She's free.

Chelsea Manning: Wikileaks source freed from prison
    US soldier Chelsea Manning has been released from prison after serving seven years for leaking hundreds of thousands of diplomatic cables and military files to Wikileaks.

A US Army spokesperson confirmed to the BBC that she had left Fort Leavenworth military prison in Kansas.

Most of what remained of her 35-year sentence was commuted by then-US President Barack Obama in January.

Her lawyer earlier said she was excited but likely "anxious".

"She's ready to finally be able to live as the woman that she is," Nancy Hollander told the BBC. The 29-year-old soldier was born Bradley Manning.

A day after she was sentenced to 35 years in prison in 2013, Manning said she had felt female since childhood and wanted to live as a woman called Chelsea.

"For the first time, I can see a future for myself as Chelsea," she said in a statement last week ahead of her release. "I can imagine surviving and living as the person who I am and can finally be in the outside world."
    Don't look at the responses to tweets from news sources announcing her release. It's not healthy.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I'm glad she's free.

But seeing this boosted to the top - my heart skipped a beat for happier, simpler times......
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill