Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 142

Thread: Trans thread :)

  1. #106
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I have trans friends who know they can never really change their sex and we get along well since they're not the ones pressuring lesbians in our community to "political pity fuck" them. They're not the ones who say wanting to wear nail polish is what makes them woman-identified, and they don't tell me I have an emotional ladybrain.

    "Woman" is not a club, it's a chromosomal crapshoot. Nobody gets to decide born sex, we just are what we are.
    Well excuse me all to blazes, but for starters I think I give zero about what you think based on your personal ecounters.

    Here's my experience. There are a lot of gender benders, and they are not easily fit into one giant category. There is people that actually turn into the other gender and nobody can ever tell the difference. There's people that want to keep their biological attributes no matter what, but still identify more as the other sex. There is people who want to swing now and then. A woman who lives down my street was born a woman, then underwent a sexchange, and then a second sexchange back to woman. Well, and there is many more types of transgenders, possibly as many as there are transgenders. That is what makes it so complicated.

    So, who is to say what are the boundaries and what are not? One unknown person shouting around on a private forum that lesbians shouldn't suck dicks? I think not. It would be better to carefully go about and explore where everyone's personal boundaries are, preferrably in mild and friendly discussion, and take it from there. Unfortunately we already seem to have passed that stage here.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  2. #107
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24
    So, who is to say what are the boundaries and what are not?
    Do you accept Rachel Dolezal as a transblack person?

  3. #108
    Senior Member Andyland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    The fact that anyone conflates a woman performing blackface with trans issues astonishes me.
    I don't think the two issues are equivalent, but I do think it was inevitable that the comparison would be made. To many, it's not clear how an internal "gender identity" that is not dependent on physical attributes, would be different than an internal "racial identity" that is not dependent on physical attributes.
    Last edited by Andyland; 06-16-2015 at 06:41 PM.

  4. #109
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    Do you accept Rachel Dolezal as a transblack person?
    Did you accept Michael Jackson as a white person?
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  5. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24
    Also, all your posts about trans people trying to get lesbians to fuck them sounds like what gay panic in the 90s sounded like.
    That Planned Parenthood "cotton ceiling" workshop really happened. I did not make it up.

    Those many posts from transwomen calling lesbians hateful bigots for not having sex with them were really posted by real transwomen. I did not make them up.

    Can you do 10 minutes of Google fact-checking before deciding I made up these attacks on lesbian boundaries because I'm just a terrible person having an over-emotional panic? Just 10 minutes to confirm I have not made up any of these things I am reporting on?

    When you confirm these things are true, tell me what you think should be done about transactivists shutting down performances of The Vagina Monologues, forcing the removal of the word "woman" from reproductive rights organizations, and petitioning to have the word "vagina" replaced with "front hole."

    Comparing different types of body dysmorphias is not a thoughtcrime.

    Did you accept Michael Jackson as a white person?
    I think you know that I don't, because biological and social reality means more to me than any one person's internal fantasies. I answered your question, please answer my question.
    Last edited by Lia Sal; 06-16-2015 at 07:05 PM.

  6. #111
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,386


    You didn't answer my first question at all, which was "So, who is to say what are the boundaries and what are not?". I can tell you that around these parts, very few people would now answer that with "Thalia". You answered with a stupid question, one that would by answering directly result in going against the "careful exploring" I mentioned. In other words, it seems you mean to provoke in some way. Also, it was not the first question aimed at you that you dodged.



    Do you all accept Thalia as a troll??
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  7. #112
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24
    #Notalltrans ?

    I expect you to downplay and dismiss what's happening to lesbians because it doesn't affect your non-lesbian community. It does very much affect my lesbian community.

    So that workshop really happened, but it was only a few transwomen so lesbians should ignore it (and the many social media comments supporting its premise) and pretend it never happened?

    The Vagina Monologues has really been cancelled and will be again, but everyone should ignore it was cancelled?

    Abortion rights organizations have removed references to "women", but everyone should ignore the consequences of that?

    The "front hole" petition happened, but everyone should pretend it didn't happen?

    I won't pretend these things are not happening, and I won't pretend they're not happening at a faster rate than ever in the past 2-3 years.

    You didn't answer my first question at all, which was "So, who is to say what are the boundaries and what are not?"
    I did answer it when I said "Woman" is not a club, it's a chromosomal crapshoot. Nobody gets to decide born sex, we just are what we are."

    How do I know I'm a woman? My twat.
    Last edited by Lia Sal; 06-16-2015 at 07:40 PM.

  8. #113
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I did answer it when I said "Woman" is not a club, it's a chromosomal crapshoot. Nobody gets to decide born sex, we just are what we are."
    How do I know I'm a woman? My twat.
    When we are an embryo though, we are all a woman until adrenal glands do their job as a male, right? Do those stages not count? So people that are chromosomal males, but have faulty adrenal glands in embryo stages, stay a physical woman. They are a chromomal males born as physical women. So, to be frank, no, it is not just chromosomal crapshoot, other biological factors weigh in as well. Also, people that are born intersexually because of the same reason, do they remain intersexual third sex for the rest of their lives in your eyes, no matter if they decide to undergo operations towards either male or female?

    That is always what bugged me about Eve being born from a rib of Adam, it should be the other way around. We are all females to begin with.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  9. #114
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24
    So you're a straight woman who nevertheless self-identifies herself into the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community? Okay.

    Are you being physically threatened and intimidated by roving gangs of trans women/men?
    Yes, that is exactly what is happening.

    This is an article based on the conference from which I found the Rachel Ivey recording I posted earlier.

    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/08/04/woman-2

    Radfems Respond was originally to have taken place across town from the library, at a Quaker meeting house, but trans activists had launched a petition on Change.org demanding that the event be cancelled. They said that, in hosting it, the Quakers would alienate trans people and “be complicit in the violence against them.” The Quakers, citing concerns in their community, revoked the agreement.

    It wasn’t the first time that such an event had lost a scheduled venue. The Radfem 2012 conference was to be held in London, at Conway Hall, which bills itself as “a hub for free speech and independent thought.” But trans activists objected both to Radfem’s women-only policy—which was widely understood to exclude trans women—and to the participation of Sheila Jeffreys, a professor of political science at the University of Melbourne. Jeffreys was scheduled to speak on prostitution, but she is a longtime critic of the transgender movement, and Conway Hall officials decided that they could not allow speakers who “conflict with our ethos, principles, and culture.” Ultimately, the event was held at a still secret location; organizers escorted delegates to it from a nearby meeting place. Radfem 2013 also had to switch locations, as did a gathering in Toronto last year, called Radfems Rise Up."
    "So we also exercise our right to free speech in public space this Saturday to drive the TERFS and Radfems out of OUR library and OUR Portland!"
    "Abusive posts proliferated on Twitter and, especially, Tumblr. One read, “/kill/terfs 2K14.” Another suggested, “how about ‘slowly and horrendously murder terfs in saw-like torture machines and contraptions’ 2K14.” A young blogger holding a knife posted a selfie with the caption “Fetch me a terf.” Such threats have become so common that radical-feminist Web sites have taken to cataloguing them. “It’s aggrieved entitlement,” Lierre Keith told me. “They are so angry that we will not see them as women.”
    A few years ago, though, Vogel says, some protesters committed acts of vandalism—stealing electrical cables, cutting water pipes, keying cars in the parking lot, and spray-painting a six-foot penis, and the words “Real Women Have Dicks,” on the side of the main kitchen tent.
    **

    We are all females to begin with.
    We are all from Africa to begin with, but not all of us are black.
    Last edited by Lia Sal; 06-16-2015 at 08:06 PM.

  10. #115
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,386
    Long, unscientific articles that are a monumental snore and meant to sell, are usually not a good point of reference.

    Anyway, the transmobs got it wrong, it is the other way around; males are basically females with a weaker immune system because they miss a chromosome, is what I was wanting to say. However. Our brains are much, much and many more alike than anyone would ever care to admit. Our brains halves are more alike than different, just like male and female brains are more alike than different. Aside from the minor differences, all else in gender is cultural. Girls don't like pink because it is genetic or have a vagina, they like pink because they are subtly and not so subtly cultured to like it.

    This is where the tricky part comes in, because if our brains are so alike, and almost all else is cultural, bodyparts can easily become secundary to some people. And they have.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  11. #116
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24
    The police have been called several times (in the USA, UK, and Canada) because of the threats by transactivists, but unfortunately the threats continue.

    However. Our brains are much, much and many more alike than anyone would ever care to admit. Our brains halves are more alike than different, just like male and female brains are more alike than different. Aside from the minor differences, all else in gender is cultural. Girls don't like pink because it is genetic or have a vagina, they like pink because they are subtly and not so subtly cultured to like it.
    All of the above I agree with you on. Alas, I disagree that
    "bodyparts can easily become secundary"
    If the New Yorker Magazine article was too in-depth for your liking, here is a shorter and more personal testimony of a woman who attended one of the violently harassed women-only conferences mentioned in the New Yorker article.

    Imitation, Infiltration, and Invasion at Radfem Rise Up! 2013

    https://smashesthep.wordpress.com/20...-rise-up-2013/

  12. #117
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,386
    I have a degree in social and biological psychology, I don't need your stupid fuckwit articles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    So you're a straight woman who nevertheless self-identifies herself into the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community? Okay.
    ? Disregarding bisexuals? Can't you please just warp back to the 90s?

    If you are a lesbians that doesn't want to date women that were born as man, that is fine, just don't. If other lesbians want to do it, let them, you have no right to judge, whether in your eyes it makes them bisexual or not, or whatever. It doesn't matter, it is not your business.

    Btw, if I was a girl, I think I would definitely be a lesbian. Reminds me, with sports at school back in the day, I used to wear this t-shirt that said "Nobody knows I'm a lesbian". Boy, was I right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty edit Thalia View Post
    We are all from Africa to begin with, but not all of us are black.
    No, I was born in the Netherlands, but before my adrenal glands started to work, I was a basically female. Stuff your false logic in your front hole, or back hole, or any other orifice you desire.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

  13. #118
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    24
    I have had romantic and sexual relationships with women and might do again were I single, so I identify as bisexual.
    Rachael Dolezal lived for 10 years (and counting) as a black woman. Does this long length of time and the many physical and spiritual commitments she went through to become black give her a stronger claim to Black than your very distant history of bisexual behavior gives you a claim to currently identify as Bisexual?

    In the 1970s I wore cornrows. I am 0% black and I would never claim to be otherwise.
    Last edited by Lia Sal; 06-16-2015 at 11:05 PM.

  14. #119
    fire up the quattro SMMY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    Rachael Dolezal lived for 10 years (and counting) as a black woman. Does this long length of time and the many physical and spiritual commitments she went through to become black give her a stronger claim to Black than your very distant history of bisexual behavior gives you a claim to currently identify as Bisexual?

    In the 1970s I wore cornrows. I am 0% black and I would never claim to be otherwise.

  15. #120
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,386
    Also, I bet nobody even wants to have sex with this troll, so it can't even be a lesbian in her own book.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •