Thread: stroller/car seat/travel system advice

Cool stroller/car seat/travel system advice

we're getting down to the end of the pregnancy and we've put off getting a stroller/travel system as long as possible. i'm looking for any advice on what to look for, what to steer clear of, suggestions on brands/models that are good/bad, etc.

we went to babies r us this weekend (ugh) and i quite liked this one

Quattro Tour® Reverse Travel System - Capri

folding the thing up was a breeze and it wasn't that heavy. i detest the pattern but that was the only one that babies r us had it in. the price does seem quite high to me though, yes?

are there other all-in-one systems where the car seat converts to a toddler seat as well or would i just have to buy a convertible car seat from the get go if i wanted that option?

any advice/help is welcomed!

[]

That actually sounds pretty good to me. Design AND price, but it is more than 2 years since I bought a stroller. If it fits in your car and opens as easily as you said, is light and is reversible (good for bubs to look at mum's smiling face), I say go for it. I like that it is a 4-wheeler too, as the 3-wheelers can be a little unstable I'm told. My only advice would be to see if it isn't too wide, so that you can fit through supermarket aisles.

Good luck with everything!

We skipped the baby bucket seat all together and bought a seat that was convertible from rear facing->forward facing->booster(eddie bauer 3in1). He's still in the seat forward facing due to him being so light framed (he just turned 5). We will be upgrading to a new Britax forward facing/booster in the next month so that we can have the higher weight rating for 5 point harness as well as the height of the seat back. Right now in his current seat we have another 5 pounds before he outgrows it, but heightwise he's right at the edge of no longer fitting.

I had a Graco stroller that the seat laid down flat and the bottom cover flaps velcro'd up to make a bassinette. It's what I used when I wasn't wearing him (Ergo carrier). If I had to go back and do it all over again, I'd have gotten a BOB jogging stroller from the start because the Graco just did not suit well for our outings (ie snow or anything muddy). Getting BOB was the best thing ever but it did suck for using in stores as it is quite wide, so I tended to use an umbrella stroller for mall shopping trips once he was big enough to fit in that.

To my knowledge there is no 3in1 convertible seat for travel systems or if there is, i have yet to see one.

BOB stroller series seem to be compatible with various brand of car seat adapter

Quote Originally Posted by Lestorke View Post
    BOB stroller series seem to be compatible with various brand of car seat adapter
    You might want to check the following link just for reference: http://jogging-stroller-reviews.net/...oller-reviews/. Bob Revolution comes with easy folding system, suspension to avoid bumpy road, reclining seat up to 70 degree, five safety harness, and many other features. You might want to see further details about Bob's reviews up to minor issue such as colors option.