Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: All Things Tennis!

I seem to love every Grand Slam, they always have some crazy moments...like Benoit Paire going quarter finals this time. Ah and just so many hot men in tennis, too many to name. I was surprised that I did not see Ernests Gulbis popping up somewhere, this is the slam he seems to peak at a little mostly. Will have to do a search what's new for him these days
    as for a winner...whilst they do nothing wrong (maybe except for Djokovic, I find him creepy), I'm just ready for someone outside the big three to win. Not that it's gonna happen, but it would be nice for Dominic Thiem or Khachanov (although he beat out my sweetheart Del Potro!

as for the women...a bit bummed that Stephens is out. Never been too fond of Halep though

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Anisimova’s power and depth of shot is kind of scary. She’s so tiny but her accuracy and pace... where does all that game come from?
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I think this is Ashleigh Bartys title to win or lose.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    Hands off Borna! He’s mine His tennis isn’t necessarily my favorite, but he’s so damn nice to look at. Will have to check our Casper Ruud.

Gratuitous thirst trap photos below:

I’m sad Serena is out, but I think her knee issues are way more major than she is letting on.

I’m sort of over the French Open. I’m rooting for Ash Barty to win on the women’s side. On the Men’s side, is it bad to say anyone but Nadal/Federer/Djovick?
    I can’t get those photos to load on my crap phone but I’ve never seen someone with such desirable features as Bornas. Everyone can be as crazy as they want about Grigor but Borna is where it’s at. I mean all those ig photos of him cuddling and kissing his new puppy.
    Admittedly, his tennis is nothing special. He overperformed last year and can make a long run at an event from time to time but his biggest weapon is speed and comfort in big match settings. Whereas my other tennis love, Ruud, has solid game but is still overcome by the moment.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

so many rain delays...yesterday, when I was leaving home, Thiem had won the first set from Djokovic, then Djokovic won the second and Thiem was leading in the third...I was having my fingers crossed that Thiem would've somehow won ... only to find it's been moved to today

As if playing Rafa at Roland Garros wasn’t hard enough, Thiem has got to be exhausted. Rafa will win in straights. He’s added power to his serve and just looks stronger and stronger.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Nadal (I'm tired of his weird grunts and complaints a lot of times when his opponent seems to be getting the overhand) will win of course, but an upset would be nice

^oh no doubt about it, the only players that could beat Rafa were Djokovic and Thiem. But they did Rafael’s dirty work going five long sets and three straight days of play with some games with one point being a 26 ball rally.
    Fognini probably could have beaten Rafa best of 5, too. But he’s so all over the place.

Rafa need Djokovic and Thiem to destroy each other physically and mentally and it happened.

I loved the clay season but I’m so ready for the grass. Totally different style of play and different players with chances of success. The faster play will really give my fav players chances to go deeper into these next few weeks worth of events.
    Last edited by Volta; 06-09-2019 at 05:50 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Glad to see Ashleigh Barty break through. Nadal as always proves he's the king of clay. Hoping Federer can pull through at Wimbledon and maybe see Kerber defend her title, but her form is pretty suspect lately.

Nadal is only 3 slams shy of Roger’s record. If I were Roger ... a dude who has been called greatest of all time because of his majors count. I’d start getting worried. Rafa is fit. He has at least a year or two more French Open runs in him. And Federer hasn’t said if he’s playing after the next Olympics.

Rafa might become GOAT. Rafa really has always had the movement and forehand weapons. This last Roland Garros his serve was harder and his backhand was much improved.

I hope Fed can get a slam this year. Wimbledon is his best shot. Djokovic on hard courts .. he has to be the USOpen fav always. But Rogers graceful, fluid, net rushing game is heavenly on grass
    Last edited by Volta; 06-12-2019 at 03:35 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Can we give it up for Feliciano Lopez. He was a wildcard into Queens Club. He played doubles with Andy Murray, as well. (Andy's comeback match since the new hip)
    Yesterday Felo had to play his singles semifinal (he won it) then had to play a resumption of yesterdays doubles quarterfinal with Andy.. they won. And then had to play the semifinal of doubles which they barely won.
    Then he goes out and wins both his singles and doubles finals, today.

Felo is 37.. he beat a player 18 years younger in the SF. All these matches stacked on top of one another.. and now he goes from being ranked outside the top 100 to being in the top 50. Now he'll have direct entrance into all the events for the rest of the year.
    It's just such a phenomenal effort.. and at his age.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

indeed, such great players both! I would have loved to have seen both matches... Lopez against Simon, what a nice match up.
    wasn't there a little bit of a fuzz a while ago about Judy Murray going a bit wild on the internet for Lopez ?

and Federer versus Goffin, also sounds good to me
    Last edited by seso; 06-24-2019 at 11:18 AM.