Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1186

Thread: What are you playing right now?

i'm playing star ocean.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Secret of Mana for PS4.
    It is as great as it ever was, but Im struggling real hard with the weapon selection system. I don't get it. Everytime I try to reassign weapons, my entire party ends up with the wrong ones lol. A killer in the middle of a boss fight.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

i'm playing star ocean: the second story.

Stardew Valley on the Switch. It's the perfect game for me right now; low-stress but addictive and engaging. If you have a soft spot for Harvest Moon or other farming sims/RPGs, you should definitely check this out.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Recently finished a New Game + runthrough of Final Fantasy XV.
    Mainly wanted to do it because I know they've bulked out the story quite a bit since I first played it when it was released.
    Full disclosure I'd bought the Royal Pack which adds some additional stuff in on top of the free updates that were added over the past year.

Must say as much as I enjoyed my first playthrough with the additional story components that have been added the plot is so much clearer now than it was when it was first released. It's a shame that they couldn't have released this as the finished product because I think the reviews might have been a lot kinder.

SquareEnix have also announced a second suite of DLC that'll fun through mid 2019 including episodes for Ardyn, Aranea, Luna & Noctis. Glad that they're finally giving the female characters some much needed time in the spotlight because that was sorely lacking in the main game, which is such a shock because FF series has always had really kick ass female representation.

Any of you guys play it?

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze take 2. Still a glorious game, so glad the Ninty gods answered my prayers and now I can play it on the go. Can't say this enough that David Wise really outdid himself with the tracks on the soundtrack; almost every level has its own music. I'm starting to loathe the over-usage of tired old Aquatic Ambience though. Let it go and compose new stuff for underwater.

They made the game easier too as an option; in Funky mode the collection of your KONG letter is persistent (like puzzle pieces), which makes it way much easier to reach the secret levels. I don't recommend playing as Funky on your first playthrough though.

Wolfenstein finally, on PS4. What an awesome engaging game. I csnt put ut down.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I found a new copy of Corpse Party on 3DS on clearance at Gamestop over the weekend, so I've played a couple hours of that already. I was expecting more RPG elements, but it's pretty much a choose your own adventure graphic novel type game. It's got the same type of irreverent charm that I loved about old 80s anime, and it's pretty effectively downright creepy with headphones. I'm surprised Nintendo greenlit this one without much/any censoring. They've sure come a LONG way since the days of NES/SNES.

i'm playing final fantasy tactics: the war of the lion.

After playing the snot out of Captain Toad, I caved and got Octopath. I've never been the hugest turn based jrpg fan but sometimes one does grab me. This seems to be one of them so far. I love the art style!
    post28!

Hm maybe I should reconsider. Turn-based RPG is my favorite type, but I thought the demo for Octopath was intensely dull.

i'm playing tactics ogre: let us cling together.

So god of war 4's praise is pretty much justified: all characters and their interaction were so very well written. "Come here Boy"
    Add solid gameplay and an epic open world and you have a modern classic.
    post28!

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Do you need to play any of the other God of Wars to follow the overall story? I’ve been thinking about getting this but resisted because the previous installments always seemed a bit macho to me and not my style.

I’m currently playing the new Tomb Raider. It’s good so far. Not too different from the two previous games which is fine by me. It’s kind of a comfort game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
    Do you need to play any of the other God of Wars to follow the overall story? I’ve been thinking about getting this but resisted because the previous installments always seemed a bit macho to me and not my style.
    Nah, not really. There's a few nods to the older games but reading a wikipedia summary should be more than adequate. This one is pretty much its own beast, with the focus on the dad-son relationship and the Norse gods setting (and they nailed both those aspects). The gameplay itself is still a bit macho but a lot less so than the earlier ones. Less high-octane, much more room for exploration. In fact, if you like the latest Tomb Raider games, this will certainly appeal.
    post28!