Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Because of the IGN Reviewer bashing the fuck out of Two Worlds 2, I just had to write my own review.
    Read my entire review: http://readerreviews.ign.com/rrview/...221217/134878/

--------------------

PRESENTATION 7.5
    Excellent user interface which makes navigating ability trees and inventory easy. Textual display is too small and the map could use the ability to zoom further in. Plot points and markers are outdated. Gorgeous to look at by today's standards. Sadly, the map, markers and text dragged this score down due to importance.

GRAPHICS 9.0
    Incredible vistas and character details are marred by instances of basic-looking character details and questionable, although decent at times, cut-scenes. Character models act ridiculous while talking, but when looking at the game as a whole it is an incredible experience. I've not seen many games that can look this good, and when you get close to a tree the details are unmatched. There is a 3D quality to camera scrolling even without an HDTV.

SOUND 8.0
    Again, voice acting is horrible. The music and sound effects stand out. If it weren't for the terrible, abysmal voice acting this could have been a 10.

GAMEPLAY 9.0
    Based on a learning curve, but worth the effort. Mission design could have been better and is marred mostly by the map design. There's a lot to do here but it pays off with accomplishment. This is not a game for people with a short attention span nor the desire to learn. Complex and robust. A true RPG experience.

LASTING APPEAL 10
    Mind-blowingly massive. Humongous world with lands that expand way beyond what you can see, yet what you can see, you can get to, etc. Vistas aren't lacking. Plenty of quests to keep you busy. Looting, crafting and grinding keep you entertained, as does building on the robust skill-tree and magic system. Accomplishing everything could take you upwards of 100 hours. Did I mention the clever multi-playing aspect? Excellent and much needed within the genre for the consoles. If you pay the current retail price for this game you will get your moneys worth!

--------------------

FINAL VERDICT 9.2 - not an average, but a "feels like" score.
    Last edited by Dave; 02-28-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Dave, have you seen the Zero Punctuation video about Two Worlds 2? It's hilarious!

NP: De Blob 2. FUN
    post28!

No, I haven't, but I'll look it up.

I've come to the conclusion that the Devs. did the voice work like that on purpose. There's just too much ridiculosity for it to be considered: 1. A fuck up, and 2. To be taken seriously.

edit: Yeah, some of that is so true. Especially about forgetting to go into a combat stance before you start swinging. I mean, you figure you see your guy has his weapon on him, why would you have to go into a combat stance and THEN swing your weapon?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-Two-Worlds-II
    Last edited by Dave; 03-03-2011 at 11:53 AM.

You're playing the pc version, right? The controls were what made me give it up on the 360 version. You had to press 72 buttons just to cock your arrow in snipe mode. Annoying!!!
    post28!

No I am playing the 360 version and am at level 14 now. I dunno, I got used to it, I guess. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. About 8 hours logged in so far and it's only getting better.

I'm on 99 stars with Super Mario Galaxy and think I'm going to throw in the towel and go beat Bowser. Most of the comets are infuriating and just... no.

**eta - okay, I beat bowser and now I have a new chapter in the storybook and more effing comets. Is this the game that refuses to end or what?
    Last edited by Em; 03-04-2011 at 10:51 PM.

One of the most addictive, customizable spell systems to ever be in a game. Just another reason why I love Two Worlds 2.

Spell making really is an "open source" type of system. Obviously there are limits, but no one is holding your hand with the system. You need to tinker around with Element cards, Modifiers and the Carrier cards. It can be quite daunting at first. You'll need dough to progress through the system b/c you'll need to buy cards as you go, but you can also find them in loot. It's an awesome feeling when you "discover" a spell that will change the gameplay for you. And the ability to tier cards was an awesome concept as creating just the initial spell doesn't have to end there. The video above is about the basics, but without understanding the basics you'll have a difficult time experimenting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/goxelc12

I didn't even know about the Fire Storm where it rains fire balls (at 3:50):

In a way the magic system almost feels endless.

Uh... my mind: boggled.

Two Worlds II releases with a big missunderstanding
    Written by Cyrcle
    Sunday, 14 November 2010
    Two Worlds II is a great game. With few exceptions Two Worlds II receives excellent ratings in the media. Only the community is furious. What has happened?

Some days ago Topware Interactive has published the map of new Antaloor. At the same time an interactive map of Antaloor was presented on the official site of Two Worlds II. On the interactive map only lower half of the Antaloor map was shown. Nobody told the community that only in this half the singleplayer campaign is played.

Upper half of the map with the big island is exclusive for the multiplayer game. Most players were surprised by these circumstances. Therefore, big discussions are delivered at the moment in the communities.
    http://www.twoworlds-game.com/

All I have to say is YOU FUCKING MORONS!! I mean, I'm absolutely psyched now, however. I'm almost 20 hours in and wondered when I would get to that huge fucking land mass that absolutely dwarfs the rest of the map. I have about 50% of the single player map explored so this is a good thing, anyway, seeing as the game is taking a long time (still enjoying my mage the more I play it).

But now I have this to look forward to? Holy hell that's good news.

They are fucking morons b/c if they had stated that the multiplayer map and game was so fucking huge I think more people would have flocked to the game. In all senses of the wording, this makes Two Worlds 2 a mini-MMORPG.

!

Welp, right now I am addicted to Borderlands. I am about half through playthrough 2. Including all the DLC. Before Borderlands I played all of RDR, but only because I played all of the DLC Undead Nightmare first and loved it SoOooOOo much. I started over with Tomb Raider Underworld and beat it pretty quickly, it was nice to finally feel accomplished, since I glitched it at the Myan ruins the first time. Bah. Played a little Fallout 3 and hated it. I am also getting into Dragon Age. but it is such a detailed RPG that I feel like I dunno what I'm even doing. I haven't brought myself to pay $100 for RB3 and keyboard yet, but someday. However, I have been playing Greenday rock band and it's alright.

So, I am waaaaaaaaaay behind in several franchises 'cause I wasn't gaming much for a couple of years, BUT I have the first BioShock coming in the mail tomorrow and I'm stoked about it.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    I have the first BioShock coming in the mail tomorrow and I'm stoked about it.

Monique, I've been eyeing Borderlands for a while, especially now that it's cheap. Is it fun to play alone or do you have to gather 3 mates to get to the good stuff?

Also, NP: Beyond Good and Evil HD. Loved it on the gamecube, loving it again. Zelda lovers: take note!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by Wout View Post

Monique, I've been eyeing Borderlands for a while, especially now that it's cheap. Is it fun to play alone or do you have to gather 3 mates to get to the good stuff?
    I have played split screen and single player and they are both equallly fun. The only thing I can say is that since each character has their own strengths that it could feel more well rounded to have all 4 at once, I guess. I am the siren (yeah i equate it to Tori's song cuz I'm a weirdo) anyways, my power is this invisible ghost fast mover thing and my mods are about adding more shields to myself or the team and or enhancing my power by adding elemental effects to it that hurt the baddies when I go invisible. The hunter has a hawk that he sends out and most of his mods are sniper enhancing and special weapon finding abilities. There is a Lance who drops a shield with a turret on it as his special power, and another guy. I would recommend the Game of the Year edition since it gives you all the DLC also. (not on a disc, but a code to download it.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    So, I am waaaaaaaaaay behind in several franchises 'cause I wasn't gaming much for a couple of years, BUT I have the first BioShock coming in the mail tomorrow and I'm stoked about it.
    I am the same. I really didn't game for years and I feel like I am so behind the times. I usually stick to my platformers and puzzle games, so branching out to RPG and First Person Shooters and things feels so forgeign.

Started playing Mass Effect 2, which I bought ages ago during a sale on Steam, as a nice break between working on stuff for school. I'm still a couple hours in and feeling disoriented, like there's something I'm forgetting to do or neglecting. I played the first one which I think is reinforcing that feeling, cause I know they made a lot of changes to streamline things which makes me feel like I'm forgetting to do them. So far I've only gotten a few weapons and it seems like you just have to pick them up along the way and not buy them at stores which is kind of a pain if I accidentally miss any. :P

Got Mini Ninjas and have been playing that this weekend. It's very much like a LEGO game. It feels almost identical in many ways. Fun relaxing game in contrast to the other games I have been playing lately.