Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

The MK demo was released yesterday, so you all know what I've been playing!
    Now, I can't wait for the full game. Preorder!

MK?

NP: Torchlight in the xbox. Diablo style dungeon crawler. It's fun but horribly balanced. I managed to get a gun early in the game that not only kicks major ass but also restores HP on impact, making it a breeze to play. I just hold the attackbutton and wait until the monsters bite the dust.
    Still, addictive!!
    post28!

Yeah, I played some Torchlight. By level 4 or 5 I was powerful enough with magic that it got fairly boring.

Played You Don't Know Jack! demo tonight. Hilarious! Fun to play and slightly pressuring.
    Also played the new Full House Poker. Very, very fun. Makes you feel like you (or your avatar) is actually there. Mutliplayer 2-30 is a huge plus. I may actually buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corinthe View Post
    Started playing Mass Effect 2, which I bought ages ago during a sale on Steam, as a nice break between working on stuff for school. I'm still a couple hours in and feeling disoriented, like there's something I'm forgetting to do or neglecting. I played the first one which I think is reinforcing that feeling, cause I know they made a lot of changes to streamline things which makes me feel like I'm forgetting to do them. So far I've only gotten a few weapons and it seems like you just have to pick them up along the way and not buy them at stores which is kind of a pain if I accidentally miss any. :P
    The weird thing about ME2 is that there just aren't that many weapons at all, AND depending on your class the types of weapons you can carry are severely limited. It's probably my least favorite part of that game. I'd like something in between the total overwhelming number and variety of weapons in ME1 and the extremely restricted choices in ME2.

Mostly what you're looking for/buying in ME2 are weapons upgrades, including some that will allow Mordin to research new weapons for you. (FYI: recruit Mordin as soon as possible, he's really useful to have around for precisely this reason. Also, he's funny~)

Yeah that's what I'm finding now, me2 seems streamlined to the point as to allow users to gobble up the game quickly and be done with it. Me1 is kinda this hazy memory, but weren't you able to control each of the members in your party? I could be thinking of kotor/dragon age. The point system for leveling up I remember being way more complex, and really liking that. I feel weird that I can hack things without having put any point into hacking.

I remember there being a shitload of guns on the first one, but you were able to break them down and reassemble right? Was there a more complex point system with relationships too? I spose that could be tedium for some, but that's really what drew me into the game were these personal relationships with my crewmembers.

And I distinctly remember the answers for Renegade being much more funnier! It was the whole reason I chose renegade, some of the answers just made me lose it. Now it's kinda serious and doesn't feel drastically different from Paragon, just a different color of Paragon.

I do enjoy the gunfights, I think that's what really gets me going about this game, the whole spellcasting + guns is very fun.

ME2 was very much 'dumbed down'... In ME1 you had all these types of ammo and alloys to improve your weapons with. I loved that, but the interface was extremely clunky, making it harder than it should've been, and they got a lot of negative feedback about that. I guess they went a bit overboard in streamlining the whole thing
    post28!

zelda wind waker

I just love it. I love the sailing. it's so peaceful. and the look of the game still looks fresh and new.

Quote Originally Posted by pan View Post
    I love the sailing.
    Yeah, for now
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by Wout View Post
    MK?

NP: Torchlight in the xbox. Diablo style dungeon crawler. It's fun but horribly balanced. I managed to get a gun early in the game that not only kicks major ass but also restores HP on impact, making it a breeze to play. I just hold the attackbutton and wait until the monsters bite the dust.
    Still, addictive!!
    Mortal Kombat, my bad.

I hopped back into Halo and am having a blast with it. Especially seeing as me and my son both go online in free-for-all or team deathmatch and kick ass! My son is quite a good player. At 7 years old he can more than hold his own. He was leading a free-for-all match for about 75% of the game but ended up in second place. He is definitely about as good as I am. If only some of the people he was playing against knew his age...

Here's my son's stat page. He's won 54% of matchmaking games with over 10 kills per game!
    Here's the next to last game he played where he got 1st place. Yeah, you'll notice I got last place My excuse is I was just handed presents and I also can't stand the map Asylum.
    Last edited by Dave; 03-26-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Ha, excellent. If only all those frat boys knew they were being pnwd by a kid
    post28!

lmbo, I know. Later I'll post some SS of him kicking my ass.

Well, I've decided to get on the Crysis 2 bandwagon. I've heard too much good about it, and I could use a different FPS. Haven't played it yet...

Enslaved. It's quite fun! Great story and graphics.