Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Bioshock
    I think I played it 5 times all the way through now... High in my top-10 fave games ever.
    post28!

How is LA Noire going?

Good though I've been away a lot so I haven't put much time in it. I'm still on homocide, I think nearing the plottwist about the serial killer.
    I totally accept the flaws the game has (no skip-button in dialogues, not always clear how or when a lie or doubt moment is played in the narrative, repetition) since the vibe and the setting are completely absorbing and unique.
    And the voice acting! Incredible... (except the 'how can I help detective' woman on the phone )
    post28!

fire emblem: path of radiance

Alice: Madness Returns came out today. Anyone playing it? It received some abysmal scores

Yeah I'm skipping that one.
    And I also think I'm not going to finish LA Noire. It's become incredibly repetitive and Vice is nowhere as fun as Homocide...
    All I do is ride around from cutscene to cutscene, and the driving is getting on my nerves.
    Oh well...
    post28!

LA: Noire: Yeah, I was afraid you'd end up feeling that way. Such a shame, too, eh?
    Alice: I'm tossed. The video reviews look good and they all talk fairly well about it, but the scores shine through in the end. Weird.

So, I only JUST realized that Chrono Trigger was finally on the Wii Virtual Console, and I'm knee-deep in it. First time I've played through it in God knows how many years; I still love it.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

A classic among classics. A game I will never forget and often refer to. Too bad they fucked it up with Chrono Cross. They need to inject new life into it and bring it back in spades.

Chrono Cross is brilliant on multiple levels. They're perfect and if they round it out to a trilogy I'll weep with joy. It's the only gaming news that would seriously make me lose my shit in the most gleeful manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Alice: Madness Returns came out today. Anyone playing it? It received some abysmal scores
    Yeah, the reviews are really disappointing - I thought the art style looked really interesting, but that doesn't mean much if the gameplay is shit and frustrating. I'll maybe pick it up secondhand when it's cheap.

^ That's what I'm thinking, too. I don't want to spend $60 on something I may not play through due to frustration. The only thing that makes me want to get it sooner is the code for the free download of the original game. Of course, that one's already a decade old, so may not be as exciting as I think. It's really disappointing; I've been watching this game since I first heard about it, and now it's revealed as not worth it. Booo.

^ If Skyrim has invisible walls, I'm gonna shoot somebody

It's really frustrating when someone has a really great idea/graphics and then drops the ball because they're too impatient to follow it through correctly. I guess that's the perfectionist in me, but I would think that they would do whatever it takes to make a good product rather than lose money and have customer dissatisfaction in the long run. It's not like anyone ever had to push back a launch date in order to get things right, not only graphically, but the mini games in general sound atrocious. Oh well. I guess not everyone has the same ethics.
    Last edited by Em; 06-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wout View Post
    Yeah I'm skipping that one.
    And I also think I'm not going to finish LA Noire. It's become incredibly repetitive and Vice is nowhere as fun as Homocide...
    All I do is ride around from cutscene to cutscene, and the driving is getting on my nerves.
    Oh well...
    I feel this way about Mass Effect 2 right now! So bored! I was actually trying to find a way just to get to the end asap, is there a way? Come to think of it I didn't really finish the first Mass Effect either. I don't know what it is but I'm really bad at finishing video games. I'll play, get somewhere near the end, and then feel kind of satisfied enough to move on!