Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    So that Divinity Original Sin game is bloody brilliant!!!
    The closest you can get to pen-and-paper rpg on a console. Addictive gameplay, lots of customization and depth, nice graphics and LOADS of content.
    Like western rpg's? Go get it!
    my partner and I have been meaning to try that, thanks for the reminder!

You can play co-op, iirc... I'm now 70 hours in and reaching the endgame. It's that big.
    post28!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    PS4 and me had a rough start, it has been gathering some dust already the past weeks.

Annoyingly, I bought the wrong (regular retail) version of Until Dawn; they removed 15 minutes from the early game and leaves kind of a gap; it is not obtainable seperately as DLC right now, as it is included as "bonus content" for pre-orders and an "extended version." So until I can get that, I paused the game; I'm a completist when it comes down to adventure games.

So while I wait for that, any suggestions? Was contemplating;
    - Fallout 4
    - Child of Light
    - Uncharted collection

ideas?
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Last Of Us, which is on my "to play" list but still working my way through Uncharted series (nearly finished Among Thieves!) which is a cracking good time.

Bloodborne is pretty neat, too. But very, very hard. It's sort of groundhog day, the game. But with monsters with often hilarious cock-er-knee accents.

The Seiken Densetsu remake is out for iOS/Android and is amazing! It's been re-released as Adventures of Mana and I highly recommend it for SD/Mana fans.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Until Dawn *WIFOM* ... they removed 15 minutes from the early game and leaves kind of a gap
    Sold the €55,- Retail version without the extra content unlocked to another sucker, bought the €50,- download version from the store which oddly has it unlocked automatically.

Love this game! Everybody is dying though, I hope I can keep at least someone alive.

Love Uncharted so far too. I know it is old and the first game kind of has wonky controls. The shooting scenes are hilarious, I constantly feel like "pls leave me alone, trying so hard to imitate Lara Croft here and what do I get?"

The first Uncharted is awful for fight scenes, and had that annoying "oh, you thought one wave of dudes was over? WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG. HAVE ANOTHER" mechanic that was in games at that time. (see: dragon age 2.) NO chance of stealth killing either, at least until the 2nd one, and even then Nathan Drake is not a subtle man like Lara is in the rebooted Tomb Raider.

I will say though, Uncharted is better at characters and story telling then any Tomb Raider incarnation. The original Tomb Raider was essentially a lady Duke Nukem shooting stuff for the lulz (literally, she "only plays for sport.") The TR reboot stole from Uncharted in tone and play but added extra grimdark plot, but of course Uncharted stole from the original Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones... it's a merry go round of stealing. Comparing UC 1 and 2 to the TR reboot however, and the latter is better at gameplay stuff (though not story and characters.) I really miss Lara's bow! UC 3 is a 2011 game, so will report back in gameplay comparisons later on today when I start it.

I guarantee you will have a soft fuzzy spot for Sully, Nate and Elena at the end of the game, I did! They are some of the warmest and natural acting characters in just about any video game I've played, probably due to how the mocap is done- audio and movement is tracked live together, like a weird play. Because of the warm fuzzies I hope they won't go too grim with the story in the final Uncharted this year, I want Nate to have his happy ending.

PS: one of the sequences from the second UC game have made it to my "favourite vidja gaeming experiences ever" list.

Herein ends my Uncharted/Tomb Raider rambles. I can play the original TR on my phone now, true story.

Glad to hear it will improve from here. There are a lot of enemies indeed, kind of regret ticking the "normal" mode. I often have the ground littered with bodies thinking I'm finished, approaching them for the loot, when suddenly I'm shot in the back of my head from some unseen corner or high up location.

Hope that multiplayer beta comes through, maybe I can be your sidekick for shooting scenes or something (lol)?

Sure! I would probably be your sidekick, though. I am not the world's best shooter player. (but we will have fun!)

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    The first Uncharted is awful for fight scenes, and had that annoying "oh, you thought one wave of dudes was over? WELL YOU THOUGHT WRONG. HAVE ANOTHER" mechanic that was in games at that time. (see: dragon age 2.)
    [/SIZE]
    Haha! I'm currently playing Dragon Age 2 and you're so right about the enemy waves. Or when you go to find one set of dudes and then there's another set of dudes to fight as well. The load screens are what are really driving me batty. I still love the game though. All I heard about it was that people didn't think it was as good as Origins, so that's why I didn't get it when it originally came out, but I really didn't like Origins so it seems like an improvement to me.

Also, I'd play multiplayer uncharted with you guys too, but I'm quite shit at shooting too. we could be some kind of short bus team.

Uncharted 2 is amazing! Everybody says The Last of Us is Naughty Dog's masterpiece but I think the pacing, storytelling and setpieces in UC2 tops it.

Also good on PS4:
    - Dragon age 3
    - Divinity Original Sin (finished it yesterday, freaking great)
    - Batman Arkham Knight
    - fallout 4 is fun and all, but overrated in the press. So-so graphics, and while it may be large but it also gets tedious after a while

And there's some good stuff on the PS store as well, remasters and indie stuff (Broken Age is a cool pointy clicky adventure).
    Supposedly the latest Assassin's Creed is good, but the last few ones were so alike that I skipped this one.
    And eveybody seems to love Metal Gear Solid 5, but it's not really my kind of game.
    Oh, and if you haven't played the previous Tomb Raider game yet, the next-gen version is a must!!!
    post28!

I loved Broken Age. Played it via steam.

I'm really curious about this game called Unravel. It looks real cute and stunning graphics.

Another I might check out is The Witness. Looks very Myst-like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7h7AleSCF4

Yeah both of those are on my list as well...
    Unravel has a bit of that Flower game, with almost ambient surroundings. Looks good.
    And The Witness has had rave reviews!
    post28!

Unravel and The Last Guardian are on my seemingly endless "to play" list too. My partner wants to get the new Final Fantasy as well, just because of the ridiculousness of an all male japanese heartthrob boyband being the heroes. The Witness seems to have Marmite reviews, either loved or hated.