Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Straight for Jesus?

And those "churches" aren't being bombed and burned because...

Paul's got it right. Make sure to remain open and welcoming. Your friend has a rough patch ahead- self-denial sucks, and hopefully, he'll get out of that church- so he'll need you to be there,when he's ready.

Sorry you're going through this.

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiencade View Post
    "I know you don't agree with me, but I know the gay lifestyle is wrong from my experience with it."
    This bit really gets me. It's a point I've heard a few times before. I often wonder how many straight people might take a hard, objective look at their experiences with the "straight lifestyle" and try and categorise it as right or wrong. My guess is the response would be mixed at best. Adulthood isn't exactly a picnic, no matter your sexuality.

Sorry about your friend, though. I think you have the right idea. Offering friendship if anything changes but accepting that there isn't really anything you can do. Do keep us posted! I'm interested.

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    I ditto the remain warm and open to being friends again in the future. I'm sad to hear how this still happens, then again I suspect my older Jesus freak brother is gay and we are not in touch because of it...

Thanks for posting... This Jesus stuff fascinates me... I thought it was a myth and every once in a while It seems to work for some one... Thank your higher power you have a friend. I don't have a lot of them. They move, we change... sometimes we learn something about life and death and how to be as good as we can... But it always occurred to me the higher power let us find our on way... It's really kool when that happens... I think right now security and welfare (health, helping the innocent) these make us all the same inside.

Christian is just a tag. It's not a door on a game show. Jesus and his disciples spread a truth and were killed for it and never harmed and one but the powers that be were afraid of them. Go Finger.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by logeyewill View Post
    Thanks for posting... This Jesus stuff fascinates me... I thought it was a myth and every once in a while It seems to work for some one... Thank your higher power you have a friend. I don't have a lot of them. They move, we change... sometimes we learn something about life and death and how to be as good as we can... But it always occurred to me the higher power let us find our on way... It's really kool when that happens... I think right now security and welfare (health, helping the innocent) these make us all the same inside.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Christian is just a tag.
    Hey! You're right! Right there at the bottom of the page.

Christian is just a tag. It's not a door on a game show. Jesus and his disciples spread a truth and were killed for it and never harmed and one but the powers that be were afraid of them. Go Finger.
    finger who? I have standards.

...sometimes.
    ...occasionally

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    It's really kool guyz