Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Q & A

The makeup artist for my wedding used Jane Iredale and I ended up buying a few pieces for touchups. It looked perfect and wore through almost 9 hours of revelry with very little repair needed. It also didn't irritate my extremely sensitive combination skin. I've been using the pressed powder, lip liner, and glosses since then and I like them a lot.

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    I've only used Jane Iredale lipgloss and a sample of correcting cream, and both were great.
    Suck it, Shawn.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Is wearing sweaters backwards a thing now? I've only seen it on TV. Looks odd to me.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Can anyone recommend a good pair of tweezers? I've heard that Tweezerman has gone downhill and I'm at a loss as to what brand to buy.

^ I bought a Tweezerman about 4 years ago and it works well; maybe not as great as they used to be but they definitely do the job. I had to return a couple of pairs of other brands because they were unbelievably crappy.

Boots own brand are pretty damn good for removing hairs, but too sharp for putting on eyelashes.

Quote Originally Posted by inexcelsis17 View Post
    ^ I bought a Tweezerman about 4 years ago and it works well; maybe not as great as they used to be but they definitely do the job. I had to return a couple of pairs of other brands because they were unbelievably crappy.
    My mom bought one in the last year and said the quality isn't very good. Recent Amazon reviews agree with her.

soignee, is Boots available in America?

You'll never leave Harlan alive. orange shampoo's Avatar
    ^ They carry Boots at Target.

Banned
    This is random but I wonder where some of you stand with regard to daily showering or daily outfit changes? Do you do both daily? I do, but today I skipped the shower and put on the same shirt and jeans. I figure jeans are jeans and yesterday I wore an a-shirt under my regular shirt. We'll see how it goes. Also how often do you shampoo?

--Shower daily (though sometimes I skip if having slob day, ie stay with pajamas and bingewatch/internets, or too ill to even move.)
    --wash hair every other day, dry shampoo in-between if needed
    --change t-shirt/vest/tights and underwear daily (not including bras, those are 2-3 wears then handwash.)
    --change jeans/dresses/cardigans/jumpers depending on activity (I am also a messy eater/clumsy, so these probably get washed more frequently then usual.)
    --always remove makeup at night, even if drunk.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I shower daily. I know showers are a cleanliness thing, but I also can't function without a shower in the morning. It clears my mind and wakes me up and a day without it feels uber weird.

I wear jeans daily and wash when they're dirty which is probably not really that often. Every couple of weeks, I guess? T-shirts I definitely only wear once before washing.

I wash my hair every three days. It just doesn't need it anymore than that.

Banned
    I'm definitely ready for tomorrow morning's shower.

I shower daily at night. Hair however, I try to go as long as I can between washes. Vintage roller sets work best on dirty hair anyway, and with dry shampoo, no one can tell I'm on day four. Which of course, my hair looks best on wash day. Every. Time.

Does anyone have a good fashion selling site to recommend? I know I could use my local used sites but here's the deal. I'm in a wedding and the bride bought my dress off ModCloth. It didn't fit, I've been busting my ass to lose some weight to get it to zip up but my boobs. they're huge. ModCloth doesn't do international exchanges and if I returned it, it'd just be credited back to her credit card. So I repurchased the dress in the next size up but here I am now looking to unload this HellBunny dress that doesn't fit and I'd rather her not know *L*

Ebay, ASOS has a marketplace and there's a few communities on Livejournal that have a buy and sell market.