Page 163 of 164 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2447

Thread: Björk news, updates, and random chatter.

^Crazy how impressions can differ. I cannot remember airplane noises at all. I was captivated from the beginning to the end. Sitting (or rather standing) through Lotic & Arca's sets in the effing heat hours before the show was a nightmare, so I definitely get your point on this aspect. Really sorry you couldn't enjoy the show

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDoggy View Post
    ^Crazy how impressions can differ. I cannot remember airplane noises at all. I was captivated from the beginning to the end. Sitting (or rather standing) through Lotic & Arca's sets in the effing heat hours before the show was a nightmare, so I definitely get your point on this aspect. Really sorry you couldn't enjoy the show
    Well, it is what it is. I'll be happy if I get to see her in the spring next year. Maybe she'll be playing some select headlining shows again instead of festivals only.

Even though the show in Berlin was not really a festival show. Of course it is called Citadel Festival and is outdoors, but it's not like a huge crowd with other bands playing around. It was like a headliner show. But I agree, I wouldn't really wanna see her in a festival setting either again. I hope for a proper tour

Even though the show in Berlin was not really a festival show. Of course it is called Citadel Festival and is outdoors, but it's not like a huge crowd with other bands playing around. It was like a headliner show. But I agree, I wouldn't really wanna see her in a festival setting either again. I hope for a proper tour
    Yeah, I know. To me the Citadel Musical Festival performance was more of a solo headlining show. I actually quite like the overall concept of a festival as a concert series. That's worked pretty well with the Citadel Music Festival in Berlin for the most part in recent years. But there have been several announcements for typical festival gigs in the UK, Denmark and France so far. That's why I'm hoping for a few shows that truly focus on her only. Björk as a festival act seems so absurd to me. The framework just seems a little off.

Edit: Eden Sessions in Cornwall seems to be sort of like the Citadel Music Festival in that she's the only act on June 20.

^I've seen her at both festivals (Coachella) and solo concerts and I feel she does well in either setting. She has a diverse catalog which I feel helps her create setlists that are appropriate to either type of venue. Of course with festival performances you have to contend with generally more diverse crowds that can be more contentious.

^ Yeah, I guess I'd agree. The festival show I saw was very good. As I said, it's perhaps not an ideal setting simply because the sound is never going to be as good as it is in a concert hall, and she always tours with a huge acoustic ensemble (choir/brass/strings/whatever), but her catalogue is very diverse and she can adjust the setlist to the occassion. For instance, the sequence of Mutual Core > Pluto > Nattura > Declare Independence with fireworks and flames blew everyone away.

I'm pretty sure she really enjoys playing festivals because they probably allow her to be a different kind of wild. Since I'm 9392 years old, I'd always prefer seeing her in a concert hall, though.

Either way, I can't even say how much I adore "Pneumonia." It's such a gorgeous song. I particularly love that it uses only aerophone instrumentation which seems to make so much sense. Who knows if that was intentional, but the simple instrumentation and rhythm gives the impression of inhalation and exhalation. At least that's always been my association. There is an occasional shift in mood/ease of breathing which sounds so appropriate given what the song is about. It might actually be one of my favourite Björk songs

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Pneumonia is one of her very loveliest songs imo. The vocal on “surrender to high” is one of the highlights of her career.

Does anyone know what's next for Bjork Digital?
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

I’m going to a Bjork/Radiohead dance-off this Saturday. I’ve been waiting to shake my booty to some B in a public space for awhile!

https://www.facebook.com/events/174761753274854/

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    Does anyone have her latest score book? I think it's the 34-song anthology. I find it weird that in Jóga the lyrics goes All that no one sees THAT SEES what's inside of me.

In All Is Full Of Love the word twist becomes trust. But I definitely hear her sing trust in Voltaic!
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."

That "twist - trust" thingy has always been a mystery to me. The lyrics say "twist" which makes sense, but even in the studio version she clearly sings "trust"

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    That "twist - trust" thingy has always been a mystery to me. The lyrics say "twist" which makes sense, but even in the studio version she clearly sings "trust"
    Oh yeah? Need to go listen to it again. The only other word I can think of is thrust. But then she's not one who gets hindered by conventional morphology.

I don't really fancy all that no one sees that sees... it doesn't pair with "you heal" in the next line.
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."