Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165
Results 2,461 to 2,472 of 2472

Thread: Björk news, updates, and random chatter.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    "Them" would be björk's fans, no? They're looking to drum up excitement from fans via social media. But hell if I know haha

That's so Shakespearean... Canoodlefish's Avatar
    Yeah, them = björk's fans

It has never been done before in my country and Björk isn't exactly Taylor swift kinda popular but we know she has a following here so we're hoping to get them interested to attend.
    "Never build a dungeon that you cannot get out of."

Is there a regional Bjork fan club on facebook or some other media presence? I'd think that would be your best bet.

This picture looks like heaven.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Quote Originally Posted by waitressboy View Post

This picture looks like heaven.
    How maddening that there is no recording of this. I don't even know what song they sang (I think it was a cover of a jazz standard)

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    How maddening that there is no recording of this. I don't even know what song they sang (I think it was a cover of a jazz standard)
    Yep! The whole evening was covers of jazz standards: http://jonimitchell.com/library/view.cfm?id=338

In a million years no one could have guessed the contemporary female singer with whom songwriting legend Joni Mitchell would choose to share the stage for her return to live performing after a much-too- long break of 15 years.

But there she was in all her barefoot glory. Eccentric Icelandic pixie Bjork's duet with the original lady singer/songwriter was, without a question, the highlight of Thursday night's gloriously classy Walden Woods benefit -- "Stormy Weather '98."

In the elegantly old-fashioned downtown Wiltern Theater, these music heroes of two generations tackled the Cole Porter standard "What Is This Thing Called Love?" as if they'd been performing together for years, alternating verses and dance moves. Shoobedooing and bebopping as if it never went out of style, the two totally contrasting performers (the bouncy, unpredictable Bjork and the regal Mitchell) had the seats shaking and heads bobbing for a good view. And what a view, with Bjork dressed -- stockings and all -- in white and Mitchell dazzling in green.

[...]

With a tiny bow perched atop her head, Bjork had already wowed the crowd by taking a less traditional turn on the tunes she picked than her more famous co-stars for the evening, who included such big names as Nicks, Sheryl Crow and Grammy-winner Shawn Colvin. The ex-Sugarcube lead singer Bjork squealed her way through Billie Holiday's "Gloomy Sunday," while prancing around the stage like a schoolgirl in a class musical. She squeezed and released her left hand frantically throughout the number, which she followed with "The Love That Went Out of Style," accompanied only by a harpist. Only actress/singer Sandra Bernhard, visibly pregnant but typically irreverent, set such a bizarre scene, when she infused the lyrics to "Is That All There Is?" with an exaggerated high pitch vocal and comic anecdotes.

Bjork making world premiere of new concert production at The Shed in NYC
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/bjork-m...e-shed-in-nyc/

http://https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/11/bjork-cornucopia/

Consequence of Sound

Björk announces new live show “Cornucopia”

The production will premiere as part of the inaugural season of The Shed, a new arts venue located in New York's Hudson Yards neighborhood

Björk has announced the debut of a new live show called “Cornucopia”, which will premiere in Spring 2019 as part of the inaugural season of The Shed, a new arts venue located in New York City’s Hudson Yards neighborhood.

According to Alex Poots, artistic director and CEO of The Shed, the live show will mark Björk’s first-ever production created with theatrical collaborators.

In a statement, Björk said she is preparing “my most elaborate stage concert yet, where the acoustic and digital will shake hands, encouraged by a bespoke team of collaborators.” She’ll be accompanied on stage by Viibra, a seven-piece female Icelandic flute ensemble, as well as a harpist and a percussionist.

Further details, including ticketing information, will be announced before year’s end.

Björk released her most recent album, Utopia, in November 2017.

Some good advice there.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Exclamation

I'm not sure where the best place to put this would be, so I'm gonna file it under "random chatter." So this summer I was able to visit Iceland for a few days. (I highly recommend it, dress warmly even in August, everywhere takes credit card so don't worry so much bout exchanging a lot in currency, but do save you money cuz I paid about US$40 for a burger, drink, & and fries at a gas station out in the middle of nowhere.) The opportunity came about last minute, so I was pretty much just concentrating on doing GOT linked tours. (I know.) But I did a quick search for Bjork to see if anything Bjork related was available for tourists to visit--and I got nada. However, a site I used to research places to visit in Iceland had a rather extensive Bjork biography. There I discovered she had a whole pre-Sugarcubes career in Iceland! I'm sure to the hardcore fans this is not anything new, but I didn't really start listening to her seriously until '97-98. So It was a surprise to find out she made her recording debut back in 1977 at the age of 12.

So all that preamble just to intro this link. If this is Bjork at 12 it really explains a lot. It's all in Icelandic, so if you've never heard it then buckle up...

Last edited by Crispy; 12-02-2018 at 11:09 PM.