Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162
Results 2,416 to 2,424 of 2424

Thread: Björk news, updates, and random chatter.

Quote Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
    From B's Facebook:

Of course she's talking about Lars Von Trier. Good for her for coming forward with this! And fuck him for doing that, fuck his production team for enabling it and then framing her as the "difficult one", fuck Catherine Deneuve for being a sexual harrasment apologist.
    Hah, didn't catch the Catherine Deneuvre part of this. Did she try to validate von Trier's actions?

Not now directly after Bjork's statement, but over the years in interviews she's perpetuated Von Trier's version of the story - that Bjork was out of control, demanding, basically a crazy lady who ate her dress etc. But well, what to expect from somebody who defended Polański.

^von Trier has had a bad reputation for years. His reputation of wanting to "break" actresses, in particular, in order to get better performances is widely known. This may be just the beginning of greater disclosures and backlashes against male predators throughout the industry.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Bjork has been consistent about how horrible it was making that movie. So bad she said she'd never do another film.. which she did have a cameo in one of Barney's films. But still. I obviously believe Bjork. She's worked with a lot of people, she's such a collaborator... and I've never heard any stories about her being difficult. Or at least no more than any other actor/singer/entertainer.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Derek Birkett (OLI) debunking Von Trier's lies:

I have worked with Björk for over 30 years and have never made a single statement or interview regarding our work together. This time is different.
    I have read the lies written by Lars and his producer Peter about Björk – and feel compelled to speak out and put the record straight. Over the last 30 years the Dancer in the Dark project is the one and only time she has fallen out with a collaborator.
    This was a result of the directors ongoing, disrespectful verbal and physical abuse which continued after both Björk and myself demanded that he stop behaving this way. Björk completed the film out of respect for the cast and everyone involved. I feel compelled to publicly speak out in fierce support of Björk in regards to her terrible experiences working with Lars Von Trier, and I back what she has said 110%.
    - Derek Birkett

I really appreciate that Björk shared her side of events with that director - and also the way she did it, the way she described it.
    And now Birkett backing her is a good thing to do.
    I hope more male people in the industry will speak up and take an honest stance in this debate.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Björk on BBC Radio 3's Wonderful Late Junction (my favourite radio programme!) shortly

Nick Luscombe with Björk
    Late Junction

Rock royalty in the house. Idiosyncratic Icelandic icon Björk joins Nick to discuss her recently released new album Utopia, and to reveal the music that has been inspiring her work and outlook lately.

Björk's groundbreaking career has encompassed child stardom, chart success as a bandleader and solo artist, political activism, award-winning acting, and musical collaborations with Tricky, Thom Yorke, and Timbaland, among many others. Now well into the fifth decade of her public life, she shows no signs of slowing down. Her latest record is a blueprint for utopia inspired by current political upheavals, environmentalism, and the search for love.

The week-long Russian theme on Late Junction also continues with dark ambient sounds from the late Staruha Mha, and improvised electronic experiments from Sergey Kostyrko and Alexey Borisov.

Produced by Jack Howson for Reduced Listening.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

^ Thanks, that was a nice (albeit short) interview. She also chose some songs to play - Arca's "Broke Up", serpentwithfeet's "four ethers" and Icelandic traditional piece "Heyr himna smiður" performed by the choir Hamrahlíðarkórinn (which she used to be a part of as a child and which is featured on the new album).