4. It's Oh So Quiet
    5. Enjoy
    6. You've Been Flirting Again
    7. Isobel
    8. Possibly Maybe
    9. I Miss You
    10. Cover Me
    11. Headphones

Army of Me & Enjoy are my top favorite songs from this album, but really this is a great sophomore effort from Bjork!

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I absolutely adore this album. It is the one I listen to most often (followed by Homogenic).

Hyperballad kills me everytime and I can't help but dance around whenever it comes on. My favourite is Possibly Maybe. Since we broke up / I'm using lipstick again / I suck my tongue / in remembrance of you is so sexy and vulnerable and hopeless, I just love it.

This album also has some of my favourite Bjork videos. I know It's Oh So Quiet was really popular here and got played a lot, but I have always been partial to the video for I Miss You.

The song that's made the most impact on me from this album is "The Modern Things". I still feel it sounds like nothing else out there, its so...emotional, hormonal, restless, angsty, propulsive...especially when the drum programming kicks in after the first verse.

when this album released my bjork appreciation shot up to full on bjork obsession and i've never looked back.

i love how modern this album still is close to 2 decades after its release. really shows how forward thinking and innovative she is. she truly makes the music of the future
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    "Enjoy" is my favorite.
    My first memories of Bjork were from the "Human Behavior" video that was played on MTV almost every hour it seemed. I liked it and the crazy beat, but it wasn't til a friend told me about a lyric in "Hyperballad" about a woman throwing cutlery off a mountain that I gave Bjork proper attention. So I love that song, but "Enjoy" was my jam.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

I love Enjoy and always thought it was unbelievable it was never released as a single (and I don't count that little promo thing ; it's like sending flyers out).

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    I was just coming in here to say that I listened to Enjoy three times in a row just now. It's windy and raining hard here, and it seemed like the perfect song for the day.

This album is great but I actually wish it were longer.

I think this album is perfect. This is the record that made me a Bjork fan. Debut was good, but to me this was such a quantum leap forward in terms of artistry. It's probably my second favorite Bjork album. At heart it's just as much a pop album as her first one, but it's so imaginative, so varied, so alive. I also love her she found new ways of using her voice on this one ... an in-your-face ferocity ("Enjoy"), great tenderness ("You've Been Flirting Again"), sly humor ("It's Oh So Quiet"). It really shows off her range as a singer.

Oh, and "Hyperballad" is one of my favorite songs by anyone.

I bought an edition of Post which might be rare. It's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHOx52PLmqA

Is it rare? I bought it used.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Just came across this photo from the Post cover session. If you were ever wondering what trousers she was wearing, or how some of the items were arranged behind her, look no further:

That's AWESOME!

It's ALL about Hyperballad for me. I must listen to this song at least twice a week, if not more.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    After searching for this album on vinyl for YEARS now, finally got lucky and scored the last copy on CDUniverse for under $24! I don't know if it's the 200g remaster, or a prior edition, but I don't much care, because it seems like ANY edition I've seen for this album on vinyl has been disgustingly expensive.

So happy, now I just have to find Homogenic hah

Nice! I was out and about with my partner early in December and somehow they had both Post and Homogenic used on vinyl for around $30 a piece and he bought me them for Christmas.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.