Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homogenic

I listened to the first half of the album while stoned this weekend. I had never done this before.

All I kept thinking was: holy shit Björk is a genius, creating beats that nobody has ever heard before, and they're kind of pop, you could even say All Neon Like kind of flirts with r&b. It's just really really amazing. Hunter is a real masterpiece. And then 5 Years came on and while I love the song normally, this time around it kind of gave off a 'Giant's Rolling Pin' vibe. And I stopped listening to the album. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    And then 5 Years came on and while I love the song normally, this time around it kind of gave off a 'Giant's Rolling Pin' vibe. And I stopped listening to the album. Ha.
    lol

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Pitchfork reviewed Homogenic: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/22835-homogenic/

YES.

It's nearly 20 years since this record came out!

I've been listening to All Neon Like a lot lately. This album was so ahead of its time in terms of production. Truly genius.

Has this been mentioned? The Homogenic book in the 33 1/3 series is being released this October 5th

Table of contents
    Introduction: I'm going hunting
    1 State of emergency: Björk's crisis
    2 I want to go on a mountain top: Björk's escape
    3 The marvellous web: Björk's friends
    4 Excuse me, but I just have to explode: Björk's noises
    5 You just didn't know me: Björk's characters
    6 Home, what's been found: Björk's national anthems
    7 I dare you to take me on: Björk's loves
    8 Brand new tomorrow: Björk's images
    9 Game we're playing is life: Björk's virtual realities
    https://www.bloomsbury.com/au/bjorks...9781501322747/

interview with the author : http://icelandmusic.is/news/intervie...-emily-mackay/

WANT!

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Homogenic turns 20 years old today. What are your memories of it? Your favourite songs? How do you feel about it?

It was my first Björk album
    -time moves both ways-

I remember someone did their Architecture project inspired by the album when I was in college. I also remember watching the videos on MTV and listening to the album on cassette. A few years later I burned the album for my then best friend for Xmas and we were listening to it at a get together in the community clubhouse, and one of the neighbors was questioning what the hell we were listening to. She didn't like the sound of it. It still remains today as my favorite Bjork album.

It's my favourite, too. A timeless album.

Interesting story around Homogenic for me. I was on a high school trip to France, (all the way back in 1997!) and I for some reason hadn't picked up Homogenic yet. We went to some kind of mall in the Paris area and I remember seeing the striking cover image and picked up my copy there. I remember listening to the album on my discman and was struck most by "Joga", the chilly string arrangement really struck me and I fell in love. "All Neon Like" was another track that stirred me and gave me a sense of wonder. Love this album.

All is Full Of Love is one of my favorite videos by anyone ever. Bachelorette is probably my favorite song from the album. Pluto is really fantastic Live, though.