1. Overture
    2. Cvalda
    3. I've Seen It All
    4. Scatterheart
    5. In The Musicals
    6. 107 Steps
    7. New World

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I feel like this album is so underrated and overlooked. I love the orchestrations in all of the songs. It is short and sweet and flawless IMO. (To this day, I always end up skipping 107 steps because I don't want to relive the movie inside my head).

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    107 Steps and I've Seen It All are probably my favorites from the soundtrack.

In the garden of your mind. Tellurium's Avatar
    I haven't listened to Bjork for a long time and left all my albums behind when I moved, but last week her old albums were on offer at my local HMV, so I splurged and got Homogenic, Selmasongs, Vespertine and Post. So far Selmasongs is the one that's gotten the most rotation. It's just perfect. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the film again, but this album is going to be in my life for a long while to come. It's also one I'd recommend to people just getting into Bjork. Maybe after Homogenic, but probably before anything else.

I wish some version of The Next To Last Song had made it onto the record, but I can totally see why they left it off.

Scatterheart is my favorite from Selmasongs. (the film version is also wonderful)

Even though I didn't enjoy the movie, I do like the soundtrack. I don't listen to it that often, but in honor of the new subforum, I gave everything a listen today. It's a good album.

Time to revive this thread to state my love (again) for the track "Scatterheart".

I stumbled upon a hypnotizing trip-hop version of the song where the remixer used a monome, a device I had never heard of until I saw how it was used in the video:

Back to the song itself: which one do you prefer - the film or album version? I can see the reasoning for the lyric change in Selmasongs since the version performed in the movie is a giant spoiler for those who haven't watched. Bjork's solo on the disc serves as a great standalone track that could work without any link to the movie. But the added cast ensemble and words found in the movie version kick the emotion to a higher level. The bit towards the end where Bjork repeatedly cries "I just did what I had to do!" is just beautiful and tragic at the same time.

Last edited by Gale; 06-03-2013 at 07:00 PM.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepySweet View Post

I stumbled upon a hypnotizing trip-hop version of the song where the remixer used a monome, a device I had never heard of until I saw how it was used in the video:
    that is really cool!
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

after a long time I'm getting back into Björk, slowly diving back into Selmasongs (and a bit of Vespertine too), now exploring Overture and I've Seen It All - that last one is simply so beautiful and gentle in a way...and I'm gonna try to put Scatterheart and Pagan Poetry next to each other in a playlist

Scatterheart would be a natural fit for Vespertine. From this album, I only really listen to that one, New World, I've Seen It All and sometimes Cvalda because I still remember that scene vividly (haven't seen the film in over 10 years)