Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vespertine

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    Pictures taken during what it appears to be the summer, but the album conveys an icey cold feel.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Vespertine, the name, sounds very summer to me. "Vespertino" in Spanish means "in the afternoon". Though, yeah, the album sounds very wintery. It was released in summer, right?

Yeah I think on August 28th of 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Vespertine, the name, sounds very summer to me. "Vespertino" in Spanish means "in the afternoon". Though, yeah, the album sounds very wintery. It was released in summer, right?
    I always felt that the best time to listen this album was on summer, but in the morning, when the day is not hot yet.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

these days just seem to crush me
    i absolutely LOVE unison.

aurora is another one of my favorites. i haven't listened to this album in a while though, so i need to dust it off soon.

and some of the best (IMO) performances stemmed from the riverside chapel performances from this tour
    Last edited by Jessy; 10-27-2011 at 11:08 PM.

I was going to respond to this post in the big Björk thread, but now that we have a subforum, I might as well do it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    another song I dislike is ... (can't remember the name...) Heirloom, that's it. It's not really bad or anything but it always felt completely out of place on Vespertine and it seems to go nowhere, both musically and emotionally.
    I agree that Heirloom sounds really out of place. It should totally have been replaced with Generous Palmstroke or Verandi (although that might have been a little too bombastic compared to the rest of the album). Still, I love Heirloom for what it is, and it holds a special place in my heart because it was the song my ex and I always sang when we made fun of Björk and all her weirdness. "Ooooh, I am eating little glowing lights that my mother and son baked for meeee!" Seriously, WTF.
    Last edited by betterthanfine; 10-27-2011 at 11:48 PM.

I think Foot Soldier should have made the album, would have given it a bit more kick.

I love Foot Soldier, but I don't see it fitting in on Vespertine.

Generous Palmstroke should've made the album (and I mean not just in Japan).

BTW, I remember coming upon an online link to demo versions of all the Vespertine songs way back, they were out there, some songs just having really freaky/dynamic synths ... has anyone else heard of them since or come into their possession?

I listened to an early version of Vespertine in late 00 or early 01. Pretty sure I still have that CD somewhere. Will dig it up later (this is allowed, right?)

Sure!

I would so love to hear demos from Vespertine!

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I listened to an early version of Vespertine in late 00 or early 01. Pretty sure I still have that CD somewhere. Will dig it up later (this is allowed, right?)
    I remember there was an early version leaked, not sure this is the same as the Demo leak but ya would love to hear it!

I found a CD! It's not the first one I had- the one I am still looking for, but it's got some demos and instrumentals. Hoping to post some of those tonight, while still waiting to find the right CD.