Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vespertine

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar

Icon15

Pagan Poetry (Demo Instrumental version).

This is track number 4 from the Vespertine Backing Track Promo CD. I will be uploading more later today.
    Absolutely gorgeous and intense. To my ears, this is exactly as the album version (even though it says demo) minus, you know, the main vocals. Backing vocals are present.

There is a demo version of Hidden Place, which sounds very similar to the official album version so... we have to run it through a mod or admin before posting it.
    I wouldn't know how to describe the difference between the demo and the album versions, except maybe that the album version feels more "down to earth"/thought out.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    It's in Our Hands (Demo Instrumental).

This is the original version (track 3 from aforementioned CD), just minus the vocals.

^Awesome, thanks for these! But I don't think this is the same thing I saw back in the day, maybe when you get Harm of Will I can tell.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I love Vespertine. I love that Google Chrome doesn't even recognize it as a word. I think it means "Of the night."
    If you asked me to assign one word for every album, the word for this album would be 'gorgeous.'
    or maybe 'pretty.'
    I think it the prettiest of her albums.
    Gone. When hope is almost gone, you know that's the time we must stand strong --
    Every girl in every band- Every cosmic cowboy in the land -to the Earth will you show mercy?

Hidden Place has the coolest bridge in history.

This is definitely my favorite Bjork album.

The word that comes to mind when I think of this album is "erotic." It's such an intimate album, and it somehow manages to be winter-y and warm at the same time. I love her vocals throughout ... more than on any other album of hers, it just feels like she's taking sensual pleasure in singing, in making sound.

OK, that sounds kind of ridiculous, but it's the best way I can think of putting it!

The highlights for me have always been "Undo," "Pagan Poetry," "Aurora," and "Unison." it feels like so many of the songs on the record are about longing and intimacy, wanting to connect, wanting to experience pleasure. "Heirloom" aside, I completely adore everything here. Also, I agree with other posters that the tour was brilliant ... one of the best live shows I've seen.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    rediscovering this album again...
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

The last three tracks have me balling like a baby!

It's just all so beautiful, i listened to it today after about a 2 year break, I don't know why but i always associate this album with winter?

Last edited by garnite; 01-06-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreen View Post
    The last three tracks have me balling like a baby!

It's just all so beautiful, i listened to it today after about a 2 year break, I don't know why but i always associate this album with winter?
    That's how she's described it as well, a winter-time 'cocoon' album.

Cool. I listened to it and Selmasongs recently, too, and haven't done that in many months or possibly a year! It's one of those albums that takes me away and into another world.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    That's how she's described it as well, a winter-time 'cocoon' album.
    Wow, really? It's crazy that she could create such a thing, but that's exactly how i feel listening to it, i could just lock away the world and get lost in hers.

^

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    ^
    Favorite Bjork album by far! I love the live versions of Hidden Place with the shuffling cards player.

One thing I've come to appreciate about Vespertine is how genuinely erotic it is- no silicone titties or juvenile smut, which is all most pop musicians ever give us. It's an album that convinces me Bjork must be an amazing lover