4. Cosmogony
    5. Dark Matter
    6. Hollow
    7. Virus
    8. Sacrifice
    9. Mutual Core
    10. Solstice

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    I need to give this album more listens, but upon my first few listens my favorites are Mutual Core, Cosmogony, and Sacrifice.

Yeah I still think it's the strongest album she's put out since "Vespertine." More focused than "Volta," definitely.

I'm loving this album more and more with each listen. Especially "Moon" and "Sacrifice" The album cover is just beautiful too, one of her best!
    Last edited by dAmION; 10-26-2011 at 05:29 AM.

feel it seep thru the slick divide MyNameisWarts's Avatar
    I still don't really like it as a whole (although maybe it's kinda growing on me?) but I think Hollow is incredible and has anyone seen the Hollow app?! It's AMAZINGGGG.

In response to the 3 new mixes that are being played on Icelandair flights: I have pretty good connections at Icelandair, so I'll send them an e-mail to see if they can somehow obtain them.

Her best since "Vespertine" in my book. Besides a few sporadic tracks here and there, I haven't gotten into her ought output, but I think this album is amazing. There's such emotion and fierceness, maybe even a bit of aggression behind these tracks. The beats on the opening track are stupendous. Favorites right now are Cosmology, Moon, Crystalline, Virus, Dark Matter.

I can't believe three of my favorite artists put out records the same year and I find them all brilliant. (peej, bjork and tori). Way to go ladies!
    Last edited by Cunter Fartlett; 10-26-2011 at 02:06 PM.

The think I dislike right now about the album is how the tracks don't usually "pay off", meaning they build up and promise something that ultimately doesn't come up : precisely, Mutual Core feels like it's missing its last act, as is Hollow (the downward spiral could have gotten "out of control" a little more) and Thunderbolt which feels a little bald at the top.

i can't wait to fix my computer so i can finally download onto my ipod and spend time with this album. the little i heard i fully enjoyed and reading your perspectives increases my interest.
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunter Fartlett View Post
    The beats on the opening track are stupendous. Favorites right now are Cosmogony, Moon, Crystalline, Virus, Dark Matter.
    FTFY!

Cosmogony is one of my favorite tracks by any artist, ever. That last verse is so satisfying and chilling. I just wish that the song didn't drop out from under itself at the last minute. When she sings, "dance eternal," it feels like something else is coming, but the song just suddenly ends. Also, I'm pretty sure that it's the only song I've ever loved where the vocalist has a hard pronunciation of the word "egg." Lol.

Biophilia gets a little plinkety plinkety plink at times, particularly in spots like the end of Virus, but this acoustic minimalism is also what draws me to the album. It's my second favorite CD so far in 2011, and it's my favorite Bjork album since Vespertine. I think that more than any of her other albums, her voice is on full display here. It's not the toy piano-sounding instrumentation that makes Crystalline an awesome song--it's that ferocity in her voice during the chorus.

But, may I just say that the $800.00 ultimate edition of Biophilia was pure and unadulterated stunt queen.

I'd rank the tracks:
    1. Hollow/Sacrifice/Moon
    2. Crystalline
    3. Mutual Core
    4. Virus
    5. Cosmogony
    6. Thunderbolt
    7. Solstice/Dark Matter

My first video from an actual dance studio!!! Its "Moon", really proud of this one.

Horrible album!!! I decided I wouldn't buy it after the steaming pile of shit that was Volta, but in the end I bought it as I really do love Björk and thought this one could be better. I should've saved my hard earned money!!! I wish I could take it back and get my money refunded!

It seems I've lost any hope for Björk now oh well, I still have those 5 first albums which were all amazing!

Björk
    am playing live shows in reykjavik at the moment . here comes a recording of thunderbolt live . please please , do me a favour and use headphones or proper speakers when you listen . warmth , björk

spotify premiere:
    to watch the video open spotify and paste the following into the search field:

spotify:ad:3851579ed295448ca603d5206399271
    from bjorks facebook...DVD coming soon?