Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Biophilia

So this has somehow propelled itself to be genuinely one of my favorite Bjork albums! I always liked it but upon listening it to again, it's insane how good it is. It's just lovely and beautiful and an intense stroke of genius. The release of Vulnicura has brought me back to Bjork but for some reason I can't stop listening to Biophillia. This is the most glorious concept album to have ever existed, and the fact that she released this so recently speaks to her vibrancy and creative potency. She never dulls.

woobjorkisgoodbrokenrecord

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    Biophilia - Live is free on Amazon right now.

Amazon Link

Mr. Phelps Boyfriend TASpark658's Avatar
    Niggas on the Moon that uses her voice is worst but this collab are so good especially Sacrifice!

Does anyone have the original version of Crystalline? The beats are more "dirty" and pronounced, if I recall correctly. It was released prior to the album when Bjork decided to work with another producer. I think she also reworked Thunderbolt.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

You mean Serban Ghenea? He provided just a 'single' mix where the beats are indeed more pronounced and the vocals in the coda are a bit cut up. IIRC it's on iTunes and bjork.com shop. He also did a different single mix for "Cosmogony" (no choir, more brass).

I prefer the original single version of "Virus" over the one that's on the album.

Thanks, rubidoux. Here's also a video Bjork released as a teaser for Biophilia, which seems to not be mixed yet.

"The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic View Post
    Thanks, rubidoux. Here's also a video Bjork released as a teaser for Biophilia, which seems to not be mixed yet.

This is actually the Matthew Herbert mix of Crystalline.

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    This is actually the Matthew Herbert mix of Crystalline.
    Well... It's not, actually. At least not exactly. It's called the PRMH version, and it's basically Björk's original version, completed before 16bit added their beats and additional production. It was never officially released and can only be found on an IcelandAir promo, I think.

BUT it indeed was the basis for Matthew Herbert's remix of "Crystalline", so good ear!