Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: What are you seeing? What have you seen? (Theater Edition)

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Oh duh. I just checked the National's website and it's even on there, and here's me thinking that I've found a scoop. It looks like they're taking the cast over with them, which is generally good (although one or two of them need to work hard on their American accents if they're going to do the play in the motherland).

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    Whenever I travel out of town to see something it always transfers; Wolf Hall/Bring Up The Bodies, the RSC's recent Lear, Gypsy. I could just save money on the train fare but I'm always worried that the thing I decide to take a risk on won't transfer. My going to see Caroline in Chichester will probably mean it'll come in. It sold out in advance and has had 4/5 stars across the board so as long as Clarke is free and there's a venue for it I don't see why it won't.
    Your prediction came true!

https://www.hampsteadtheatre.com/wha...ine-or-change/

Quote Originally Posted by nathan zephyrus View Post
    Ha! I'm debating whether it's worth the tenner to see it again. If you didn't see it before then I'd recommend making the trip.

given it just means crossing the road, I will!

New York forumers; if you have some spare time and some spare cash, I would urge you to grab a ticket to People, Places & Things at St Ann's Warehouse (tickets start at $35? Fucking hell New York), if only to witness Denise Gough's performance which is honestly one of the best I've ever seen on stage. I think it may be one of those performances that my generation talks about when we're old as having been a witness to - like older people now talk about having seen Olivier do whatever at the Old Vic back in the day. She's doing Angels in America straight afterwards and she's great in it, but in P, P & T she's something else. It's like watching someone deconstruct themselves in front of you. It's actually quite frightening to watch, but also thrilling.

Do it.

And no, I don't work for the production company, I just want people to see this.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    They just announced a broadway production of Boys in the Band with: Jim Parsons, Zachary Qunito, Andrew Rannels, and Matt Bomer. What a fucking cast!