I saw Oklahoma! last night. I didn't know what to expect. I just knew that it was going to be a very different interpretation of it. It was so fucking good! Maybe not everything worked, but I do love all of the bold directing choices. The stripped down arrangements sounded wonderful. The cast are all so talented. Lots of Tony nominations and they deserve them all. Also, Curly was very sexy.

The show is much darker and they tweaked the ending a bit in a way that makes more sense to me. I always found it weird and disturbing how they just gloss over the murder of Jud at the end. They certainly do not in this version. I cannot recommend enough. Just blown away by it.

Seeing Oklahoma! and Hadestown so close to each other has really spoiled me. Interestingly, the guy that played Curly originated the role of Orpheus in Hadestown off-broadway. The current guy who opened Hadestown on Broadway in that role was the one actor who underwhelmed me. I would have loved to see the Oklahoma!'s stars' interpretation of the role.