Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Tori Concert?

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smallbluething View Post
    ^ She played Mary Jane at an ADP show? Or did you mean to say AATS? Or are you referring to having enjoyed the ganj before the show?

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smallbluething View Post
    ^ She played Mary Jane at an ADP show? Or did you mean to say AATS? Or are you referring to having enjoyed the ganj before the show?
    oops, yes. AATS DC '09 show. don't mind me...i'm just getting older.

and funnily enough, i did enjoy some herbal refreshment before that particular show so it was very appropriate.
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

I've never walked out of a Tori concert being horrified, but I was greatly disappointed once. I traveled to New York and saw all three of the Radio City Music Hall shows in 2003, and they were just run-of-the-mill set lists. I was expecting something amazeballs for a three-night stint at Radio City. The third night, the audience was so bad that even Tori was getting annoyed. I'll always believe that's why she played Silent All These Years instead of Gold Dust, which was on the original set list.

these days just seem to crush me
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Haim View Post
    oops, yes. AATS DC '09 show. don't mind me...i'm just getting older.
    yeah, i was gonna say based on some peoples' reviews that the 2007 DC show seemed to be pretty bad and one of the worst of the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    yeah, i was gonna say based on some peoples' reviews that the 2007 DC show seemed to be pretty bad and one of the worst of the tour.
    I was at that DC show and it was definitely the worst of the 4 shows I saw on that tour. It wasn't terrible though, the setlist was just generic (Leather/Jackie/1000 Oceans trifecta) and for everything after the Isabel set, Tori seemed a bit zoned out.

As far as the worst/most disappointing Tori shows, my 3 are Camden 2005, DC 2007, and the eTown radio show in 2009 (terrible audience, poor vocals, and Jeanette Isabella which I really wanted to hear got cut because Loudon Wainwright fucked up twice and went over his time.)

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    Oh boy, I had blocked that eTown show out of my memory. It wasn't a total waste; I never thought I'd hear Gold Dust live. But other than that, no. Those vocals. Eeeergh. And I didn't know that about JI getting cut. Not one of my favorites, but I still would've happily taken that over LW fucking up repeatedly. It was kind of funny the first time, and then... it wasn't anymore.

authentic hotdog cart vendor Frangipani's Avatar
    2005 concord california
    twenty.minute.long. beekeeper complete with epic drool.
    Slippin' on my red dress, putting on my make-up

Quote Originally Posted by uskidsknow View Post

Also, there was some Cleveland show where it was Tash's birthday I think? Was it 2005? It was at the WORST venue, like under an overpass by a ravine or something. the setlist was dreadful. yikes.
    wow this does look like an awful venue. i read that they closed it down a couple years ago

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    ^ what the fuck kind of venue is that?! it looks like a fish market.
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

I haven't had a bad show but I'll nominate LA 2005. My friend literally fell sleep and wasn't even awakened by the crowd's applause. He said he fell asleep somewhere during "Ruby..." and woke up during "Toast". That's hilarious to me.

Glastonbury in 2005 was my Wallingford. It was a short set anyway, and while the song selection was bad enough, the performance was wretched. Plus, she played in the acoustic tent, and the sound was just wrong for her, sadly emphasizing the super-nasal vocals. I was done after that. If it hadn't been for some particularly impressive 2007 shows I got as bootlegs (Graz!) my fancard would have stayed well and truly burnt!

^^that's got to be the worst setlist i've ever seen, except for pretty good year

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Haim View Post
    ^ what the fuck kind of venue is that?! it looks like a fish market.
    You seriously have no idea how shit-tastic that show was. The weather sucked (torrential rain, for like 40 hours straight). The venue sucked. The setlist sucked. Little miss Priss' shitty Star Wars birthday party sucked. I had infinitely more fun hanging out with friends during the day and that's about all I care to remember from that whole thing.

I was not a fan of Baltimore 2005. It's the most "auto-pilot" version of Tori I think I've ever seen.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Chicago 2009. Without a doubt. My friend and I left completely depressed. For me, it was a combination of shitty seats, a sleepy setlist that Tori couldn't have cared less about, and honestly I really think the acoustics blow in the Chicago Theatre.

I mean, this past Chicago show, I thought the sound was bad - it has to be the venue. The Chicago Theatre is pretty, but give me the Beacon Theatre anyday!!!
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo