Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Beth Orton thread!

So bright it blinded me... RecoveringXian's Avatar
    The entire album is up on YouTube, direct from the source.

Got this the other day, liking what i'm hearing so far. I like the beat programming on "Snow" and her lyrics about astral projection. I think "Moon" is my favorite song on the record. I really like her narration on "Corderoy Legs". I haven't picked up/listened to Sugaring Season yet but this is definitely my favorite Beth release since Daybreaker. I like that she's focused on synths/electronics but found it surprising that there's no Beth on acoustic guitar. Maybe an album first for her.

So the show last night in LA was great! It was just her and a two piece band (Drummer, keyboardist and guitar player keyboardist). They were really able to generate a lot of sound with just that arrangement. "Snow" was a total highlight as the beats were loud and kicking! She played "Touch Me With Your Love" which has been a recent fave of mine. All in all a great show, Beth was really demure and definitely didn't like being the center of attention (and she's so tall!).

Songs played (in no order):

Moon
    Galaxy of Emptiness
    Corderoy Legs
    Flesh & Blood
    Dawnstar
    Petals
    Snow
    Stolen Car
    She Cries Your Name
    Touch Me With Your Love
    Central Reservation
    Last edited by dAmION; 06-21-2016 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Fixed pics behind spoilers!

I have never heard much from Beth Orton but I really like that Moon song. Does she have other songs as electronically dancey and catchy? The darker sounds are also a plus.

^She has lots of other 'electronic' beat-driven tracks! . I'd recommend "Galaxy of Emptiness", "Stars All Seem to Weep", "Paris Train", "Mount Washington", "Anything", "Stolen Car". These tracks all come from her previous albums. Happy listening.
    Last edited by dAmION; 06-23-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    ^She has lots of other 'electronic' beat-driven tracks! . I'd recommend "Galaxy of Emptiness", "Stars All Seem to Weep", "Paris Train", "Mount Washington", "Anything", "Stolen Car". These tracks all come from her previous albums. Happy listening.
    Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely digging Stolen Car!

I got the album for my birthday - I like what I hear, now time to let it slowly sink in

Moon is growing on me, loved Flesh & Blood and Petals and thought her first lines from 1973 sound a bit like someone else, but then it clicks

and funny how I'm at the same time really into Dawn Chorus too
    Last edited by seso; 07-06-2016 at 06:15 AM. Reason: adding a comment

been listening a lot to the album lately, feels a lot like a "twilight' album for me

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireTampon View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely digging Stolen Car!
    Almost a year late to the party, but check out Tangent. I loved that one in college.

Quote Originally Posted by seso View Post
    been listening a lot to the album lately, feels a lot like a "twilight' album for me
    I think Kidsticks was my favorite album of 2016.