Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Random GaGa Crap

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    This is fan made. But am enjoying this acoustic version of The Cure.
    https://cnnct.soundcloud.com/soundxpost/dkslafjierual

After all these years I'm still bitter she didn't release a studio version or at least a proper live version of Princess Die.

^ I think it will eventually be released as part of a 'rarity' collection.

I'm loving the throwback style for the Supreme x Louis Vuitton collaboration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I found this article interesting.

https://www.vibe.com/2017/08/lady-ga...weet-backlash/

I have always been honest about my physical and mental health struggles. Searching for years to get to the bottom of them. It is complicated and difficult to explain, and we are trying to figure it out. As I get stronger and when I feel ready, I will tell my story in more depth, and plan to take this on strongly so I can not only raise awareness, but expand research for others who suffer as I do, so I can help make a difference. I use the word "suffer" not for pity, or attention, and have been disappointed to see people online suggest that I'm being dramatic, making this up, or playing the victim to get out of touring. If you knew me, you would know this couldn't be further from the truth. I'm a fighter. I use the word suffer not only because trauma and chronic pain have changed my life, but because they are keeping me from living a normal life. They are also keeping me from what I love the most in the world: performing for my fans. I am looking forward to touring again soon, but I have to be with my doctors right now so I can be strong and perform for you all for the next 60 years or more. I love you so much.

From her Instagram...

Gaga seems to have taken up temporary residence and possibly recording in Portland.

http://www.wweek.com/music/2017/10/1...c-in-portland/
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

really cool.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Interesting... thanks for sharing Andyland. Not a super impressive cover IMO. It doesn't really add anything new to the material, and the original feels more poignant and heartfelt, though her performance is solid.

She's no Gaynor, Garland, or Streisand, but I'm still looking forward to seeing how she does in this.

Watching that trailer, I’m very impressed by Cooper. She seems a bit flat, though. I don’t know if it’s because she’s not a great actress or because all I can see is “Lady Gaga”. I hope beyond hope this isn’t a bad moment for her ( *cough* like madonna *cough*).
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Based on the few short clips, I actually think (before she starts singing) she does a nice job disappearing into the role but as soon as that vocal starts it’s so unmistakably her. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing it.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    I remember reading she was going to be credited as Stefanie Germanotta for this film. I guess they changed their minds!
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Oh that looks really good! I definitely want to watch.

This is so charming and great (BC really is a dreamboat):

I saw the trailer before a movie this weekend. I highly doubt that this will be a disaster! It looks well-made.

Not that I'm Nostradamus, but I bet she gets an Oscar this year for Best Song and likely gets nominated for Best Actress if she's halfway decent. Gaga seems to have been fully embraced by Hollywood, and there's a narrative that she was "robbed" of a Best Song win the year she was nominated and Sam Smith won. Plus, when an original song from a musical is nominated in this category, it almost always wins. I think come next spring she has an excellent chance of being able to add "Academy Award Winner" before her name.

I thought she was bad in American Horror Story, but I imagine this role will suit her much, much better. The hype machine is also going to be big on this one--celebrities are already praising it, and I'm sure we'll be hearing about how all the singing was live every time this movie is mentioned (the press for Les Miserables similarly drilled that point home). Typically, when a music diva lands a baity role like this and handles it well, she at LEAST gets an Oscar nod (Diana Ross in Lady Sings the Blues, Bette Midler in The Rose, Cher in Moonstruck). The exceptions are Madonna for Evita and Courtney Love for The People Vs. Larry Flynt, but both of those women came with a lot more baggage and were probably considered outsiders in the film industry far more than the other ladies I mentioned.

Long story short--I think this is going to be a success for her. And I echo what has been said about Bradley Cooper--he looks good in this and sings surprisingly well. I honestly would have thought he was a professional country singer based on what we heard in the trailer.
    Last edited by sleeptheclock; 06-26-2018 at 06:42 PM.