Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: Random GaGa Crap

I watched part of her Coachella set last night and I have to say, it was pretty good.

So, I actually REALLY like "The Cure." I agree that it's a little "on trend" in terms of production, but it FEELS like a Lady Gaga song, if that makes sense. Probably the closest she's come to approximating the sound of The Fame in a good while.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    So, I actually REALLY like "The Cure." I agree that it's a little "on trend" in terms of production, but it FEELS like a Lady Gaga song, if that makes sense. Probably the closest she's come to approximating the sound of The Fame in a good while.
    Me too, Markness. Love playing it my car.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

I think my gaga days are over... This new song is so mediocre. Everything sounds tired.

I like it more than I thought I did at first. It's certainly catchy and is in my head often.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    i guess i just don't hear anything that makes it uniquely HER, you know? most of her songs i couldn't imagine anyone else doing them. this one i definitely could hear many other artists doing it well, if not better.

True that ^

The Cure is just so reminiscent of a Katy Perry song that I have no interest in it as a Gaga song.

For me, the "And if you say you're OK, I'm gonna heal you anyway" - that melody and delivery is so Gaga to me. In general, the chorus is so crucial to the song that it feels like her early attempts at writing big, catchy pop songs. I totally get the critique of it being more generic, especially coming off of Joanne. But I love her delivery throughout. I hear Mariah on the verses, actually.

There's strong rumors this is from an upcoming EP (or even LP). She was in the studio frequently with DJ White Shadow and Bloodpop over the last couple of months.

Long-time Lurker
    An EP of catchy pop songs like this would be amazing right now.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    There's strong rumors this is from an upcoming EP (or even LP). She was in the studio frequently with DJ White Shadow and Bloodpop over the last couple of months.
    very interesting! i am so curious to see what the setlist for the Joanne tour is gonna be like...i know festival setlists are typically more focused on the hits but i was struck by the fact that she only did 3 songs from Joanne during that whole show (which are the main 3 i return to from that album) and didn't even do the lead single.

Yeah I was surprised at the lack of Joanne material, disappointed too as I love the album. Maybe there'll be a different setlist tonight?

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I really like The Cure! Took a couple of spins, but now I think it's great. Plus I think it's cool how she just sort of dropped it out of nowhere. Wonder if there really is more in store...

Joanne was ultimately a big disappointment for me, so a pop EP would definitely rekindle my interest/excitement in her music.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I feel the same way.