Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Random GaGa Crap

I just started listening to the soundtrack. I wasn't really expecting so many Gaga vocal tracks, so that's a nice surprise. I want to see the movie, but will probably wait for it to come out on DVD.

I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was great..both Gaga and Bradley Cooper are fantastic in it and their chemistry is electric. It's pretty incredible. The scene where they first perform "Shallow" is magic in the way that only the best movies are. It's a new classic movie moment for me when it comes to music.

I do think the story line with Ally's pop career and the stereotypical manager felt cliched. ...but this IS a remake of a classic Hollywood story so I guess it's expected that there would be a feeling of having seen this story many times before. It just felt very obvious the way they handled the concept of a "pop star" with the backup dancers and the manager suggesting she dye her hair blonde. but maybe it's because Hollywood really is that cliched. I don't know. It also feels weird the way they handled Gaga's character's pop songs, which seem like they're supposed to be viewed as "inauthentic" (as much as I hate that word) and lesser in some way. I wasn't quite sure what to make of them. I was kind of surprised to see them on the soundtrack along side all of the other songs.

Speaking of the soundtrack, in addition to Shallow there are some really great songs there, especially Maybe It's Time, Is That Alright, and the closing song (I'll Never Love Again). I purposely didn't listen to any of it before seeing the movie, except Shallow which felt unavoidable. I do think if you're able to avoid it before seeing the movie, it would make the songs that much more impactful. i am wondering which song they'll push for the awards...I'll Never Love Again is a classic movie ballad along the lines of I Will Always Love You, but Shallow is even stronger I think. It's just an instant classic in my mind. It's quite possible multiple songs will be nominated of course. And I think both Gaga and Bradley Cooper will be nominated for Oscars and will both win the Golden Globes.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    ^ I agree with you about waiting until seeing the movie before listening to the soundtrack. It really made my first listen an emotional and impactful experience.

I'm still amazing at how many truly good songs are on the record. The duets are SO GOOD.

WHEN I'M ALL CHOKED UP AND I CAN'T FIND THE WORDS

The soundtrack is stellar. I love the entire thing.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I see the movie on Sunday - very excited, and haven't listened to the whole soundtrack yet. But I will say, what I have heard, I'd have to agree with @Jake, she sounds absolutely better than ever on these tracks, and they were recorded live! I find the songs I've heard surprising... high caliber and well done but also a little more vanilla? generic? than most of her catalog (which makes sense for the movie.) I never thought I'd be comparing Whitney Houston and Gaga but that's what I'm hearing! And btw I don't see that as a bad thing AT ALL, I am quite impressed by her versatility. But, I really, REALLY hope her next album goes off this normcore path she's been pursuing beginning with Joanne. I want her ugly, I want her disease!

Also, although I have always been a very casual fan of hers, I have been watching her interviews for the movie obsessively and really fallen in love with her as a person. Self-possessed, self-aware, articulate, sensitive, funny, loving, thoughtful... she's awesome! Did anyone see what she had to say about Kavanaugh on Colbert? Fucking A.

Whitney Houston, totally. This is her Bodyguard soundtrack.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.