Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Little Earthquakes

Woah, that means that Gold Dust was released 5 years ago, right around the time I became a fan. So it's my 5-year fandom anniversary!
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

I haven't really shared this story with too many people and I've never even told Tori herself when I met her but Little Earthquakes quite literally saved my life about 20/21 years ago. It's taken me a lot of courage to say this here to be honest.
    I'm gonna heal myself from your religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    I haven't really shared this story with too many people and I've never even told Tori herself when I met her but Little Earthquakes quite literally saved my life about 20/21 years ago. It's taken me a lot of courage to say this here to be honest.
    Thank you for being brave enough to tell us on here.

Under The Pink did the same for me.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Little Earthquakes is ranked #27 in NPR's list of the 150 Greatest Albums Made by Women.

So I just had a revelation.

As a countdown to NI, I'm revisiting her discography (I did YKTR, now I'm doing this one).

Listening to Mother in HQ on my nice headphones.... for the first time ever, I just heard a very faint, whispered "me" after the second chorus at around the 3:57 min mark. So she goes "...just in case I like the dancing I can remember where I come from (me)."

Am I late to the party in noticing this?

Also heard what appears to be a tiny shoe tap in Happy Phantom at around the 2:34 min mark. "Will I pay for who I've been? (tap tap) Yeah."

Haha YEARS later and here I am still discovering things! I feel so silly for never having noticed it before. I suppose the fact that it's remastered helps. Bless this woman.

Cause I don't have the time, baby!! Unreliable Narrator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob's room View Post

Listening to Mother in HQ on my nice headphones.... for the first time ever, I just heard a very faint, whispered "me" after the second chorus at around the 3:57 min mark. So she goes "...just in case I like the dancing I can remember where I come from (me)."

Am I late to the party in noticing this?

Also heard what appears to be a tiny shoe tap in Happy Phantom at around the 2:34 min mark. "Will I pay for who I've been? (tap tap) Yeah."
    To me it has always sounded like a very Tori "...hey" as opposed to "me". Yesss to the tap tap. You can also hear her say "Whoops!" towards the very end of HP.
    "When you sit back and let your reputation be destroyed, you go down in history as a frozen whore."

Oh hmmm...... I'll have to listen again then.

I'm just always happy when I discover new details like those after nearly 20 years of listening to her music.