Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bah humbug!

Bah humbug!

I believe we had one of these over at @forumz. Certainly I cannot be the only person dead inside enough to absolutely hate this time of year! Jan 1st cannot come fast enough!

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    I'm a bit of a Grinch too. Fortunately, my family are not into Christmas like most of the population appear to be so I don't have to faf around with gifts and shopping and big meals. I make one thing (a pie) and give one gift (an under $10 secret santa).

I had a stint of a couple of years where I really got into Christmas. But then my ex's sisters decided to have emotional breakdowns and "you hurt me when you divorced" tantrums in the middle of my Christmas lunch and got pissy when I cracked a joke (that, in the moment, absolutely had to be cracked). NEVER AGAIN.

^ Oh my, that's just fanfuckingtastic!!!
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I believe we had one of these over at @forumz. Certainly I cannot be the only person dead inside enough to absolutely hate this time of year! Jan 1st cannot come fast enough!

I love Erin McKeown and her F*ck That! album perfectly sums up how I feel about Christmas.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I have to join in. I freaking hate Christmas. It just can not get over fast enough.

And cheers to the Calvin and Hobbes.

I usually LOVE Christmas.. but this year.. IDK. not feeling it. I don't even have my tree up yet, no trips to the mall to see Santa with the kiddo. meh.

^ I don't have my tree up either. And I don't think I am going to this year. I feel even more ambivalent about it this year than years past. I wish I could hibernate the month of December.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Man, I forgot people even have trees!

Mr Friday grew up super traditional awesome kids get so many expensive toys yadda yadda. I grew up with a broke ass single mom who did what she could, but wasn't like we were spoiled brats come Christmas. We finally compromised and I did a tacky ass white tree with bubble lights, tacky retro style ornaments, and a fugly tree topper. Perfect for me. Except this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Becka View Post
    I usually LOVE Christmas.. but this year.. IDK. not feeling it. I don't even have my tree up yet, no trips to the mall to see Santa with the kiddo. meh.
    Same here. My almost sixteen year old was disappointed that the stockings weren't up, and St. Nicholas hadn't filled up his stocking with candy and a video game. We haven't even bought our tree yet. I don't think we're even going to bother.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    You know, one of my favourite songs about Christmas is all about the fights and dramas that erupt around Christmas time:

lyrics

Get in the spirit!

Not feelin it this year either. I think I got it out of my system by composing music for a rock version of A Christmas Carol. LOL Between that and being freshly single (not by choice) I really couldn't be buggered to celebrate.

I have lots of music gigs though, so that's something to look forward to.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    Say it with lights: