Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Bah humbug!

The bar for this year's Christmas was pretty low after the shittiness dealt by 2016 (my aunt, mother and brother-in-law dying within three months of each other), and in that perspective, Christmas was pretty decent. Even my sister bringing her terrible boyfriend was offset by (hold on to your seats) the boyfriend SEEING THE (UNHAPPY) GHOST OF MY MOTHER IN THE KITCHEN AT NIGHT. I'm legit delighted. Way to come back, Mum.*

* I'm reserving judgment on whether it was truly my mother's ghost or if he was just having hallucinations after some drugs he took. Whatever. Happy Holidays!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I'm so so sorry that everyone is having such a shit time this holiday season. It's just about impossible to sit down and think quietly about this kinda stuff when everyone around you is beating themselves to death with that happy, phony Christmas stick. Please try to hang in there.
    That's precisely it! I have had a few years since becoming a mom when I really felt Christmasy, but I didn't feel the need to beat everyone over the head with it! I just wanted to create happy memories for my daughter. I firmly believe it's best to do that year round and not put so many expectations on one day!
    Last edited by entropy; 12-26-2017 at 11:35 PM.

My grandmother fell out her bed and had 3 seizures Christmas Eve. Fuck this Christmas.
    -time moves both ways-

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I'm so so sorry that everyone is having such a shit time this holiday season. It's just about impossible to sit down and think quietly about this kinda stuff when everyone around you is beating themselves to death with that happy, phony Christmas stick. Please try to hang in there.
    Yes this, all of this. There are so many expectations around the holiday season that it's impossible to manage even if you don't have shit going down. Take care of yourself.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    We are talking about going out of town next year to somewhere warm for the holidays since we don't celebrate them anymore. If everyone is healthy I think that's what we'll do. The HIGH is 10F here today.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Thank you so much to the people who reached out to me over the last few days - I'm doing much better now, although still in the weeds a bit. No longer having crying meltdowns in the back of ride-shares to pop mixtapes!

My heart goes out to everyone else in this thread, especially those dealing with health issues and loss. It's been a really shitty year for so many people and I hope we all pull through.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Dukes up, people.