Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bah humbug!

we did a "bad present" joke on lucien this year. he took it well. we had been telling him for days that christmas dinner was chicken feet and raw asparagus. well.. one trip to the chinese market later -coughs- we gave it to him last night, he opened it, grabbed the dried feet and just about died on the spot when he realized what it was. we couldn't keep a straight face for long because of his reaction and he laughed pretty hard about it.

And its OVER! Yeah!! Now, I have to start thinking about doing my taxes.

[ validated ]
    Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I want a goose to lay gold eggs for Easter/At least a hundred a day/And by the way:
    Wow. Thanks Apple.

If my daughter had a twitter account with the username crystalMETH_hoe, I wouldn't give her anything for Christmas ever again.

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar
    Jake Patterson should keep the Kindle and make use of the built-in dictionary. Definately.

I can't fathom saying things like, "Fuck you, mom!" for not getting the present I asked for. Then again, their parents are probably the reason they act like entitled little cunts to begin with. I kind of want to tweet everyone in that screenshot a picture of goatse with an iPhone Photoshopped into his ass.

Jesus christ, if I'd called my mum a cunt for not getting me some stupid iToy - or actually for any reason - I'd probably have been kicked out of the house, never mind denied Christmas presents. And god, looking at their avatars, what a bunch of sour-faced, puffed-up, spoiled-looking, ugly/tarty-looking brats. The entitlement is absolutely horrific.

Honestly, they make me sick. Yes, teens can be dramatic and annoying but I wouldn't have considered acting like these kids as a teenager over such things and neither would my friends. We got what we got for Christmas and appreciated it. If we wanted anything else we worked or saved for it. We didn't whine like little shits about not getting some expensive gift we knew our parents couldn't afford, let alone abused them publicly about it. The fact they probably don't even realise how awful it makes them look says something about their lives and peers. And you know, the internet is forever. Have fun we having your worst moments cached for life for all relatives, friends and potential employers to look at, idiots.

I want to slap each and every one of those brats. Is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySweet View Post
    I want to slap each and every one of those brats. Is that bad?
    It would be bad if you did not want to slap each and everyone of those brats!

Why not start boost this thread early? We are sure to see Christmas decorations out in a month.

I saw Christmas decoration at Costco in August. August!!!!!

I love the Christmas season...don't really like Christmas. My solution? Stop giving gifts. Made things much less stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by ebby View Post
    You know, one of my favourite songs about Christmas is all about the fights and dramas that erupt around Christmas time:

lyrics

Guh, its that time of year again! I wasn't and still am not really a fan of Imogen Heap, but I love this song. It reminds me of my dad's side of the family. I remember one time calling to talk to everyone on Christmas day at my grandmother's house. My aunt asked me if I had a good Christmas. I started thinking about if I was enjoying myself with my husband's family, etc. I was, in truth, feeling a bit homesick for all of my family until my aunt cut off my train of thought to answer her own question. She had had a good Christmas because of the ordinary crap she had been given.

I stopped making a special effort to come home at Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the drama involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I love the Christmas season...don't really like Christmas. My solution? Stop giving gifts. Made things much less stressful.

I told the my family and the people I usually exchange gifts that this year I didn't want gifts and that I wasn't buying it either. I'm about to move across the country and I'm getting rid of things and donating others. It's just too fucking much and yes there are things I want or wish for but it doesn't mean I need it or should have it. My mum thought it was a great idea and so she decided to do the same and then the rest of the family followed suit. Now I just wish she would do the same for my birthday present, but that she won't budge even when I told her if she absolutely wanted to give me a gift she could donate to any charity in my name.

Just wait until you get a gift from someone who "Thought you were kidding" about not wanting a gift. They actually get mad cause they were the ones that didn't believe you. And of course that morphs into them getting upset cause you're not very thoughtful to get them a gift, nor very grateful cause you didn't want their 10 in 1 car safety kit. Thoughtful? How bout you think that I don't want a 10 in 1 car safety kit, and perhaps get me a gift cert from Target or something. If you thought about who I am, you'd realize your gift was stupid.

Sometimes I can't win.

I've tried to remove myself from gift giving, but I found my situation to be like the one Charles is talking about! My dad side of the family wouldn't be able express their fondness for one another if it weren't from gift giving.