Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Alien & Prometheus (there be spoilers in here, duh)

It's official but do we really need to wait another 2 years? At least it will tie directly into Alien

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/16/alie...-release-date/

Hmmmmm

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Well... ok.
    But will you find me if Neil makes me a tree? - Tori.
    Heck yea I will, grrrl. You go be that tree, henny!

I suppose its poetic justice that creatures who survived via (symbolic) rape now find themselves getting repeatedly fucked over for a goddamn percentage.

Well, the big scary Company always wanted to make a quick profit out of them...

Just take my money!

Fuck yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

the crew from the ship is made up of couples, including a gay couple. But there are four (one woman and three guys) who you don't see who they are with, so maybe another gay couple there ?

Ridley Scott's original plan for the ending of Alien was to kill off Ripley. Brutally.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/04/03/alie...ernate-ending/

I do love a good, dark ending but thank God the studio intervened on this one. Weaver is iconic in this series, but particularly Aliens. It would be a shame if that performance never came to be.

Oh my.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Interesting! This actually makes me more interested in it.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Hi, I'm an Aliens fangirl. Yes, the James Cameron movie. I love all the first 4 movies, with their flaws, but Aliens is my love and I've spent most of my childhood dreaming of xenomorphs. I have taken a pilgrimage to Giger's Museum in Gruyéres, a few years ago. So spiritual.
    I really hated Prometheus and Covenant doesn't look like it will be too different from it. These movies just doesn't feel like they belong to the Alien series. They're more wannabe sci-fi adventure than horror, while Alien was downright space horror. It wasn't so pretentious. It's not like you put Giger's leftovers here and there, some stiff guy doing an android and you get a good Alien movie. And couples? Really? The fuck is it, Jersey Shore in space with a splatter twist? Will we have more alien cobras and alien black goo?

I just hope they do Alien 5. But looks like it won't happen because of Covenant, just like Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness will never happen because of Prometheus. I'm quite pissed at Scott, honestly. His two movies I don't care about have killed TWO movies I was highly anticipating.

Sometimes people tells me "oh but he created Alien so he knows better". No, the creators of Alien were O'Bannon and Schusett, THEY would know better.

Last thing... Alien was incredibly innovative for its time. This Covenant instead has some really hipster soundtrack, judging by the trailers. And too many scenes (in the trailers) that look annoooyingly like other scenes from the older movies. I don't need low quality fanservice.
    Last edited by Bloody Grace; 05-08-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

Yeah, I don't know how excited I am for this. Prometheus ended up being a massive disappointment, even though the original script by Jon Spaihts (called Alien: Engineers, which you can find online) was fantastic. The final cut of the film severely diverged from Spaihts's script (thanks for the needless rewrites, Damon Lindelof!), and the project suffered.

As for Covenant, I'm trying to keep an open mind, but like so much else coming out of the major studios these days, it smacks of "reboot-in-all-but-name."
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I got my advance ticket yesterday. I am prepared for it to be flawed but enjoyable.