Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien & Prometheus (there be spoilers in here, duh)

Anybody been on The Great Movie Ride at MGM? It has an Alien bit.
    As the ride vehicle continues into a spaceship, a narrator's voice states that this is the Nostromo, the ship from the film Alien. The narrator then tells guests of the alien lurking within the ship waiting to claim its next victim. Guests can also hear the Nostromo's mother computer warning of the imminent self destruction countdown. Hearing this, the hijacker becomes nervous and speeds the ride vehicle through the ship. But not before the Alien appears and attacks the guests, popping out from both the ceiling and the wall. Before exiting the spaceship, the ride vehicle passes a scene of an audio-animatronic Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) holding a flamethrower as she prepares to confront the Alien. Behind her is a steady drip of slime. This can only be seen if the rider pays close attention to that part of the corridor.
    Young Mans sharted himself before anything had bloody happened. I mean look at this scary bitch.

I'm a big fan of the original 1979 film. Up until then, there was nothing that even came close to that movie's graphics, setting and set design, not even Star Wars.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    All this take of Alien(s). I might have to have a marathon and watch the whole boxset over the holidays.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    ^^That's pretty much my plan for tomorrow.

Alien and Aliens - I saw both in the theater when they each were originally released. As Helen said, when the cafeteria scene in Alien was shown in the theater, there was a mass reaction by the audience, a collective gasp/horror. To me, Alien is a horror film and Aliens is an action-adventure movie (ala The Terminator) which was fitting for the eras they were made in and the directors of each film. Both really great in different ways. Can't wait for Prometheus.

Quote Originally Posted by Whappo View Post
    Anybody been on The Great Movie Ride at MGM? It has an Alien bit.

Young Mans sharted himself before anything had bloody happened. I mean look at this scary bitch.

Yesss! That was my favorite part, though "Ripley" looked absolutely nothing like Ripley.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    All this take of Alien(s). I might have to have a marathon and watch the whole boxset over the holidays.
    That's what we're doing right now. Nothing truly says Christmas more than Alien(s). I watched #2 last night, and you know.. I don't think I ever saw the first one (until my marathon.) Shame shame on me.

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    Aliens is one of my hangover films. Blanket, cushion, Aliens.

Uh oh. Autons. Game over man. Game over.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    Oooh I'm such a fangirl of the quadrilogy, I can't count how many times I've watched Aliens when I was a child! I was always dreaming about aliens! I really want the egg-shaped blu ray box but...I don't have a blu ray player and I'm not sure I'm good enough to watch the movies without italian subtitles XD Btw I'm looking for someone willing to make me this gift
    I have a facehugger plushie hung upon the mirror in my bedroom

Prometheus left me pretty perplexed, I don't like the cast and...uhm, the shot from the set looked pretty awful.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

I think Prometheus looks like it's going to be total shit. I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by marci View Post
    You just said you hadn't seen Alien, INVALID.

Quote Originally Posted by marci View Post
    There's WAY more to Alien than the chestburster scene. Watch it, paying special attention to the scene in which they discover the eggs. And now that we're getting a movie explaining exactly what the hell happened there, and knowing that Ridley Scott is helming this film himself, it's REALLY hard not to get REALLY excited about all this.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Am I wrong or do the eggs in the Prometheus trailer look nothing like the eggs in Alien?

You just said you hadn't seen Alien, INVALID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddlefish View Post
    There's WAY more to Alien than the chestburster scene. Watch it, paying special attention to the scene in which they discover the eggs. And now that we're getting a movie explaining exactly what the hell happened there, and knowing that Ridley Scott is helming this film himself, it's REALLY hard not to get REALLY excited about all this.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear with my prior post. I've seen Alien!!! I just didn't watch it until recently. I definitely prefer #1 to #2.

It's great Ridley Scott is doing this film, I don't see what the fuss is over the trailer. I'm open to being proven wrong, but it doesn't seem too exciting.. just another example of how Hollywood likes to continuously remake, prequel, sequal-ify etc.