Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Under the Pink

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    I kind of hate the Dakota version, and especially as a closer.

The original version of Hey Jupiter on BfP, and the way she performed it in 1996, is the one that's the real brutal gut-punch for me. Although, the string quartet version really breathed new life into it.

I just can't lump HJ in the A/C category. Not many A/C ballads talk about masturbating alone in a hotel room after their ex lover refuses to pick up the phone.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I kind of hate the Dakota version, and especially as a closer.

The original version of Hey Jupiter on BfP, and the way she performed it in 1996, is the one that's the real brutal gut-punch for me. Although, the string quartet version really breathed new life into it.

I just can't lump HJ in the A/C category. Not many A/C ballads talk about masturbating alone in a hotel room after their ex lover refuses to pick up the phone.
    Haha

Happy birthday gurl! Still my favourite. Always my favourite.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Princess Sparklefists Sansa Spark's Avatar
    Goddamn. UtP can drink legally in the US now.

Mr. Phelps Boyfriend TASpark658's Avatar
    I wasn't around when the re-master was dropped but if I could talk to Tori right now I would say, "Thank you!!"

It's the only album I felt needed a treatment like this, and the two songs I always felt needed it the most were Bells for Her (bump up the tinkered piano a little more) and The Wrong Band that now sounds more whimsical to me. The best remasters are Space Dog and The Waitress, the later is just so good.

Edit: The theory about HJ being about phone sex, HAHA.
    Last edited by TASpark658; 12-24-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Banned
    Why isn't there an EPK for UtP? When did EPKs become a thing? Would be amazing to see from footage from Taos of have UtP formally presented like that.

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    I was doing a bit of reading about Under the Pink the other day and kept on coming across these quotes and candid shots of Tori and this woman Martina Woodhull who was apparently around for a lot of recording of UtP. Does anyone know where these pictures and quotes are from? Also, does anyone know the actual location of the hacienda they recorded in? I'd love to know more about it.

Marta was Mark's alter ego; he was an amateur photographer before he took elementary guitar lessons and became Mac.