Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Pink

The Good Book is missing some pages Maeve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottslean View Post
    Under the Pink is my favorite for sure, simply because I never get tired of it, and am always revisiting it... Her voice is top notch in this era and each song is so powerful and different.
    Quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by scottslean View Post
    I found "honey" to stick out. However, that could simply be because I'm not used to hearing it among the usual tracks.
    I tried integrating Honey some time ago but I had the same feeling. I really think it's a matter of being used to a certain sequencing but I also believe that Honey really has something a little different, maybe it's the mixing, I don't know... it's like UTP and Honey come from a different recording session and studio... it's the sound that has something different IMO, not the style.

Is it right, butterfly, they like you better framed and dried?

I think the guitar arrangement feels out of place on this album somehow. I don't know how to explain it exactly. I wouldn't put it on the album personally and I think the Wrong Band fits in perfectly there. It fits the elegance of the whole project.

The wrong band is love.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    This album will always be infinitely special to me. My husband and I were both Tori fans when we met online, and this album will always remind me of the early days of our relationship.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    I replaced Bells For Her with Honey in the #3 spot and I loved it. Just for something different.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    ETA: please take note of where the reputation button is. The "Report Post" button is immediately to the right of it. Please check that you are actually giving rep and not reporting someone for making a nice post.
    Last edited by Churumbela; 07-05-2010 at 05:56 PM.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

I love Honey but I could never bring myself to replace The Wrong Band. I think because by the time I'd heard the Honey story I'd already had the album for several years, it didn't seem right to change it. Although I might give the tracklist posted earlier a go sometime

I first heard Under the Pink at a pretty young age (maybe 8 or 9? My sister had a copy of it). I remember loving Cornflake Girl, God, Space Dog, Waitress etc from the first few times heard them. It took me longer to warm up to the rest of the album, Icicle and Bells were probably last when I was 17 or 18.

Her voice in on top form here and I love the string arrangements. The opening piano of Pretty Good Year always lets me know I'm about to listen to something special.

I love this album, always a classic fav for me, a definite "radio faves" in my "personal waves" (ugh). First Tori CD I bought, in 1994, and I think I must have played it the most out of any album I ever had (I didn't have many at the time, it was my first CD too and I listened to it a LOT). The whole thing felt very comfortable and cool. My mom was certainly glad I was a Tori fan and not a heavy metal fan.

strange, thought I knew you well ravishinglylow's Avatar
    After hearing Tori perform "Icicle" at Bonnaroo I completely fell head over heals in love with this song. The piano intro on the album version is stunning. The Strange Little Webcast version is even more awe-inspiring!

For me, the definitive Icicle will always be the live version from the Past the Mission single.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
    The wrong band is love.
    Yes! I love love her voice when she sings this part "So she's got a soft spot for heels and spurs and there's something believing".

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    i love "the wrong band". especially 'she says it's time i open my eyes, don't be afraid to open your eyes'. it's a great little song. can't imagine UTP without it.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by darwin View Post
    i love "the wrong band". especially 'she says it's time i open my eyes, don't be afraid to open your eyes'. it's a great little song. can't imagine UTP without it.
    Yes! That's one of the best moments on the entire record. The vocal performance alone justifies its inclusion on the album, and it helps the flow of the album in a way that Honey wouldn't have, since it provides a lighter moment but still fits in with the women against women theme and the difficulties in dealing with sexuality present in Baker Baker and Icicle.

I wonder why she never plays it.

she's just angry at herself for including it over Honey following someone else's recommendaton. But the song should not have to suffer from her decision.
    Last edited by Homogenik; 07-08-2010 at 11:02 AM.