Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Boys for Pele

I’ve always felt like there was something “cold” about CALS, there’s a lot of space in it. The instrumentation isn’t warm and lush. Even the high backing vocals have a chilly nature to them. I have always imagined the blueish-white X-ray images of brains based on what she said and thought that felt like a good visual representation of the song.

That's an angiogram, you can only see the arteries and faint traces of the skull. The brain is not visible at all.

I adore Caught a Lite Sneeze. I wish Tori would experiment with sounds and textures again like this. Parts of NOH are definitely a step in the right direction. Reindeer King and Sneeze are on par for me in terms of quality.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by sk81 View Post
    @sugarhiccup In the extended EPK for Boys for Pele, Tori mentions that the ''transparent brain'' image was from National Geographic. With a bit of Googling, and keeping in mind that BFP was recorded in 1995, I found this:

It does look gorgeous, although for the life of me I cannot see the connection between this image and CALS being ''transparent''! But that's Tori's genius for you
    Wow, that's a revelation. I got a shiver looking at that picture and hearing the 'Building tumbling down' part of CALS with the high backing vocal chant. I definitely feel the visual/oral connection in the production there.