Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erotica

I've read those diaries! I love them.

I now have Erotica on vinyl (as well as almost all of her albums, actually), and it also excludes "Did You Do It?"

The Arabic hymn, "Alyawm Olliqa," sung by Fairouz which was used in "Erotica," sparking much controversy and leading to the ban of the album in several Middle East countries:

Love it's use in her song The Beast Within. Such a haunting sample.

spring summer fall winter endlesswant's Avatar
    "Erotica" is one of my favorite albums EVER by any artist. I love how dark, serious, and funny it is all at the same time. I do have the "Did you Do it ?" version, but i dont know how i got it. I love it. And i remember being totally fucked up and drunk thinking that "theif of hearts" was the funniest think i have ever heard and now its a fave. Wow. Time flies.

"Bad Girl" was released 20 years ago today.

Terrific SNL performance:

Amanda Ghost feat. Boy George (cover):
    Last edited by Joey; 02-23-2013 at 05:37 AM.

That cover of Bad Girl is amazing! I wish Madonna would do something in a similar energy live with the song.

I'm on a bit of "top5" spree over this forum but I like knowing what you're all into. As this is the only forum where I believe the users to be of good quality thank god. Merry Christmas!

Anyway, top5 Erotica tracks?

Mine (in no particular order):

Bad Girl
    Waiting
    Secret Garden
    Rain
    Erotica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tough to say (although Did You Do It is unavailable on account of lying under a puke barrel near the dirty bar next-door, so I can't choose it...):

Erotica
    Secret Garden
    Why's It So Hard (I hated it before because I don't normally enjoy that style of music)
    In This Life
    Waiting

Erotica

Secret Garden
    Waiting
    Words
    Deeper and Deeper
    Rain

Erotica
    Waiting
    Thief of Hearts
    Rain
    Deeper and Deeper

Fever
    Deeper and Deeper
    Waiting
    Secret Garden
    Rain

Here's a little story:

When I was a little boy (when Erotica was released), I visited my grandmother and it was quite an event because she lived about a 5 hour drive away (though at the time it seemed like we were driving across Europe). My birthday was around that time and my grandmother told me I could have anything I wanted for my birthday. So, I took her to a store where earlier I saw the tape. My grandmother bought me Erotica for my birthday I was around 8-9 years old then and I was a big Madonna fan.

Though I'm not a fan anymore, I still listen to this album once in a while (like every couple years), along with Something to Remember (which I got for Christmas when I was around 12 from a distant cousin). I wish I still had the tape, as I remember that day quite vividly, as we walked across a river, when my grandmother handed me the tape. Ahhhh
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic View Post
    Here's a little story:

When I was a little boy (when Erotica was released), I visited my grandmother and it was quite an event because she lived about a 5 hour drive away (though at the time it seemed like we were driving across Europe). My birthday was around that time and my grandmother told me I could have anything I wanted for my birthday. So, I took her to a store where earlier I saw the tape. My grandmother bought me Erotica for my birthday I was around 8-9 years old then and I was a big Madonna fan.

Though I'm not a fan anymore, I still listen to this album once in a while (like every couple years), along with Something to Remember (which I got for Christmas when I was around 12 from a distant cousin). I wish I still had the tape, as I remember that day quite vividly, as we walked across a river, when my grandmother handed me the tape. Ahhhh
    That's a nice story I got the cassette for my birthday too lol I was around 7/8. It's kind of funny to me looking back thinking a kid was given Erotica. I think I still have the cassette too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was too shy to buy it at the time so I didn't...

Last edited by Homogenik; 01-04-2015 at 09:54 PM.